• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

steezy

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up an item from L.L. Bean Signature. When is usually the best time to make a purchase from them, closer to Black Friday or Boxing Day? I'm only seeing either 10% off or a $10 gift card over a $50 purchase. I did a search but haven't found any good answers.

kkapdolee

Reaction score
I bought this Paul Smith wallet off ebay in a hurry and haven't received the item yet but am wondering if it is even real or fake.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Smith-Black-Leather-6-CC-Credit-Card-Case-Bifold-Wallet-Organizer-NIB-/380997227584?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=21Brn%252FWKzXkqe6kF6yKHoimcas0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The item listing ended since I purchased but you can scroll down and see the pics.

I couldn't find this particular wallet in any of Paul Smith's previous collections.

Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Nick Lowery

Reaction score
Can someone help me out here. I'm looking to buy a bomber jacket this one in particular:

I saw it as I was internet shopping on asos but cannot find it at all anywhere on the site. I tried everything to try and figure out who made it but nothing worked. If someone can help me out I'd appreciate it. Oh and if your wondering why this specific jacket its because I like the print that's on it. You may not be able to see it so here's the link.

http://us.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4536070&CTAref=Saved+Items+Page

Thanks again to whoever can figure this out hopefully lol.

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
Looking for my "perfect" winter coat.

This a good start? Geller Hooded Wool Bomber.

Other alternatives: ToJ Fishtail, Crescent Down Works, Spiewak Golden Fleece N3B parka, Gloverall Original Monty, Krane Emory Bomber, Canada Goose, Fjallraven, Arcteryx Veilance Duffle Coat, Schneider Coat, W+H Coat.

If it is the "perfect" coat, I am looking to spend up to $250-300 [used ok].

farryharrison

Reaction score
Hi, I need recommendations on some kind of jacket/outterwear that is not leather or wool + will keep me warm. Thanks~
Check Express. They have some incredibly warm / stylish jackets that aren't leather or wool. Though they are a bit pricier, the quality really makes up for it.

poissa

Reaction score
was given this from a coworker who acquired it at a Thrift store, has some cool details, i.e. the leather, size 54. Brand "Cool Hunting People".
1) is it worth having a tailor take it in?
2) is this of decent quality? (I couldn't find much info)

thanks!

Last edited:

clotheshorse69

Reaction score
That is a decent anti-fit. I would leave it as is, could add some contrast to your fitted look. I have no idea on the quality, it looks decent.

Reaction score
What are COS regular fit Oxford shirts like?

How is the fit, how is quality compared to cheaper brands like Uniqlo? I wear Uniqlo's slim fit Oxfords now and I'm wondering what fit to expect.

Also, someone claimed their sleeves are really wide, is this the case?

Last edited:

CityMap

Reaction score
can some one recommend me a puffer jacket (it seems like its the only thing that can adequately block strong winter winds). it seems that all the puffer jackets out there look more or less the same, especially for men.

Van DeStadt

Reaction score
If there isnt anything in particular You're looking for, try uniqlio, they have great down jackets at a really good price.

Last edited:

nosrep123

Reaction score
Does anyone know the quality of Polo Ralph Lauren sweaters? How are their pima cotton sweaters and how are the wool (fair isle) sweaters? I bought one of each, but I've heard people say the clothing in this line can be very bad or very nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads