• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can definitely stretch to 250. Would prefer non suede if possible (plus that seller doesn't send to North America).

Love the Allen Edmonds suggested in this thread. Out of my range for now but if quality options don't exist in my current price range I can always hold off until I can afford something more worthwhile.

If you don't mind a commando sole these aren't bad for 210 USD - made in the UK (unlike some of their basic models) I believe, and goodyear welted:

http://www.fwtyson.co.uk/loakes-epsom-brown-mens-walking-shoe-free-delivery-333-p.asp

Netpreneur

Reaction score
I'm going to a casual wedding in a few weeks and I'm being told most of the men will be in jeans/jackets. Does this (outfit and color combo) work? Dark blue denim jeans, navy blazer, tan leather brogues, baby blue button down, and polka dot blue/white tie.

Also, as a follow-up question, what are the rules on blazer buttons? Same as a suit jacket, top button only, and only when standing? I've also heard that unless you're inside, a blazer should always remain completely unbuttoned?

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to a casual wedding in a few weeks and I'm being told most of the men will be in jeans/jackets. Does this (outfit and color combo) work? Dark blue denim jeans, navy blazer, tan leather brogues, baby blue button down, and polka dot blue/white tie.

Also, as a follow-up question, what are the rules on blazer buttons? Same as a suit jacket, top button only, and only when standing? I've also heard that unless you're inside, a blazer should always remain completely unbuttoned?

Your proposed outfit is going to look like a pseudo-suit because your jeans and the jacket are very similar in colour and shade. Additionally the jacket looks like part of a suit.

The buttoning rule is the same for a (single breasted) suit jacket is the same for a blazer and sport coat, top button only on a 2 button or middle and top optionally on a 3 button jacket.

The inside rule is nonsense. The jacket should be buttoned when you're standing, unbuttoned when you're sitting. Unless your jacket is double breasted, then it should be buttoned at all times.

Not a fan of ties with jeans.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Your proposed outfit is going to look like a pseudo-suit because your jeans and the jacket are very similar in colour and shade. Additionally the jacket looks like part of a suit.

The buttoning rule is the same for a (single breasted) suit jacket is the same for a blazer and sport coat, top button only on a 2 button or middle and top optionally on a 3 button jacket.

The inside rule is nonsense. The jacket should be buttoned when you're standing, unbuttoned when you're sitting. Unless your jacket is double breasted, then it should be buttoned at all times.

^^
Agree with most of this.
I would just wear a suit. Single women will like you more for "not looking like one of the guys", among other things.

Last edited:

wynvern

Reaction score
In the latest Details magazine, what brand are the boots of Brad Pitt? Can't seem to find anything like them. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

mr usneun

Reaction score
I WTB a Schott Perfecto 618, but since I am from Germany, I just can't walk into a store and choose the correct size. Anyone got a fitguide? Sizing? What should I get if I wore Small in other leather jackets?? I have a normal build, so true to size would be ok for me.

Netpreneur

Reaction score

Thank you. If I plan on sticking with jeans, I should still stay dark, but go with something slightly lighter so that it has more contrast, right?

I'm a big fan of the way AG jeans feel. Here are the pair I showed in the photo. Maybe something more like this pair would work?

Last edited:

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. If I plan on sticking with jeans, I should still stay dark, but go with something slightly lighter so that it has more contrast, right?

I'm a big fan of the way AG jeans feel. Here are the pair I showed in the photo. Maybe something more like this pair would work?

Does the invitation state explicitly the bride and groom want jacket and jeans? If so, I'd wear the second pair of jeans linked with a lighter jacket. Perhaps something like a medium grey herringbone jacket if you have something like that. Mind you, I'm biased as I don't like navy sport coats with dark jeans.

Alternatively, I'd switch the jeans for a pair of tan/khaki chinos or grey wool trousers, the tie will look better with those combos; think of an outfit where you won't cringe looking back at photos twenty years from now.

Last edited:

riverflow

Reaction score

Seconding the no tie with jeans. I've got a brown corduroy coat I like for more casual wear. It's light enough to wear with jeans. Alternatively wear khakis & blazer with or without the tie, or just wear a suit (hosts allowing).

Try to not outdress the groom.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tie with jeans is fine, but it really depends on the tie. Crunchy knits work best.

Netpreneur

Reaction score
Wow, so nobody is a fan of this look? I've always thought it looked great and that's what I was hoping to aim for. But I'm not very good at putting colors together.

I ended up going to Nordstrom today to grab another pair of jeans, since I need more colors anyway, regardless of what I do for this wedding. The wedding invites don't mention a dress code, but I know the couple very well, and I'm positive this will be a very casual wedding. Here are a few more options (wool grey pants on left, cotton grey pants in center, new dark denim jeans on right, along with either baby blue or lavender button down). Anything good here?

If I did end up wearing a suit, a white button down would be a big no, correct (no white at weddings)? The reason I ask is because I already have a nice purple/lavender tie that would fit with my navy suit if I were wearing a white button down. If not, I would need to go find a different tie, too. Or I just skip the tie completely and leave the shirt unbuttoned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads