• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Foxtrot56

Reaction score
Well then more of an example then, brown tennis shoes goes with just about anything right? Wearing jeans and a grey sweater isn't that crazy is it?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora
in sizing nicer shoes (non-sneakers), is a little bit of heel slip normal? I normally wear a US11 in sneakers, and i recently bought a couple pairs to try on. I sized down to a 10 in a pair of floresheim for duckie browns and they fit my foot, with a little bit of heel slip, but the leather rubbed against my ankle strangely, so wasn't very comfortable. needless to say, the size 11 had a lot of heel slip, so I returned both. I have a pair of alden x epaulet boots in a 10.5 on the barrie last, and they don't slip at all, but they're higher laced boots, so, not a very good base case. also, is there any way to fix heel slip? by say.. using an insole? thanks
Heel slip will cause blisters on your foot and early wear on the shoe.

u007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
If all you want is denim, they're easy enough to make if you have a machine that can handle it (or the patience to hand-sew). The leather would make it more of a pain

I have neither the patience or the machine/skills, lol

Trinitrogen Oxide

Reaction score
My brown 1000 Miles just showed up in the mail yesterday. Any quick tips for care? Should I use a tree in them? What other quick product suggestions...

chowchow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Whiskey
would a chambray shirt work with olive green chinos and brown boots?

yes i thk it works. but that depends on the tone of the colour
diffcult to tell without pics

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora
also, is there any way to fix heel slip? by say.. using an insole? thanks
Well, if they're non-returnable, I definitely suggest an athletic insole. It'll help with that ankle problem (which doesn't bode well...) and the heel slip. Wear thicker socks too. Both have worked for me.
Originally Posted by Trinitrogen Oxide
My brown 1000 Miles just showed up in the mail yesterday. Any quick tips for care? Should I use a tree in them? What other quick product suggestions...
Don't do anything until they're broken in. They're already treated. A shoe tree is to keep the shape of shoes. For casual boots like those, it's a little silly unless you're storing them long-term. Once worn and scuffed, avoid colored polish unless the scuffing is deep and you hate the leather color showing. Use clear/non-colored Kiwi polish for a shine or Mink Oil for a satin sheen, water-proofing and to keep the leather soft. Others might recommend Obenauffs'

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
White or Black would look 10x better and go with 100x more fits

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is a good way to protect a leather outsole from rain/wet ground?

Does it even need protection (I imagine it does)?

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You can still wear leather soles on wet pavement just fine as long as you give them a few days of rest to dry out before you wear them again, but when wet they'll be more susceptible to wear. If you plan on wearing them regularly in wet conditions, I would topy them (a rubber sole placed over the leather).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads