1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Where can I find the Red Wing GT or Beckman in the chestnut colourway? Hoping to find an online shop in N.America with them.

Edit: I'm a sz 9.5 or 10...I'm aware of zappos.com but they're sold out of sz 10. Not sure if a 9.5 would work.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  2. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

Might be a bit of a weird question - will the arms of a shirt stretch at all after a few wears? Even a little? I have two Nom de Guerre shirts from last year and the shirts fit perfectly, except for the arms being a little overly tight. I don't have any issues with other shirts.

Just wondering if there's anything I can do, or if it's a lost cause.

3. Winchester

Winchester New Member

I was always curious as to what exactly is the process for washing raw lightly colored or white denim. Are there any specialty brands of detergent for the lighter denim colors or anything else I should keep in mind compared to the darker variants of raw denim?

4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  5. computurd

computurd Senior member

Anyone know of any nice sweat pants that can actually be worn out that are reasonably priced - Slim (preferable with ribbed ankles though if it is slim enough it may not be needed) Maybe a slight drop crotch

6. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Is there such thing as raw white or light denim? Doesn't raw denote it wasn't washed or sanforized? I just wash my grey and white selvedge RRLs in the washing machine with regular liquid.

computurd, t by alexander wang http://www.barneys.com/Tonal-Sweatpants/00505013511494,default,pd.html

check out barneys sale or outlet...I got a pair for 25 bucks

gmas, I've never found the arms to shrink on a button down...maybe if you pulled on them but I don't think so.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  7. sgo8

sgo8 Active Member

Probably not considered cheap but the Wings + Horns Tiger Fleece pants seems to fit your description (instead of ribbed ankles they are adjustable through laces)

8. Simion505

Simion505 Senior member

Anyone know how Nicolas Andreas Taralis 18cm jeans fit in relation to other jeans - specifically what size I should go for if I fit 19cm Diors perfectly?

Thanks very much

9. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Anyone on here have a recent MMM lightweight jacket say harrington or bomber style in medium or large? Wondering what your chest, waist, height weight is. I'm a medium on Dries bomber and I'm looking at kopping a MMM bomber in Large and trying to figure out if it is going to be too ridiculously big. I imagine Dries is a little slimmer than MMM? I'm chest 39, waist 30, 5'10, 145

Thanks!

10. Simion505

Simion505 Senior member

What chest size does a size 4 (mens Stephan Schneider knit) correspond to?

Cheers

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Think it's a 36/38 depending on the fit of the particular piece

12. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Senior member

I found a few pair of Unis Gio Chinos in size 29 at 50% off. My true size is a 28. Should I just size up 1 and buy them?

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

14. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Senior member

15. Vintagemusician

Vintagemusician Active Member

Just wore a pair of white denim for the first time today. A $15 Lands End Canvas pickup. Got a couple little scuffs. Do I bleach them nicely for wearing each time or just let them get marked up?

16. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

I'm looking for a dark denim button-down, but one without too much contrast stitching. Also, one that has a lighter denim colour when you roll the sleeves up.
    Can someone point me in the right direction?

17. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

18. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

looking to buy a good pair of selvedge jeans. alot of people say APC or Naked & Famous. which is a good affordable brand that looks great and lasts a long time. also where can i watch sales for them.

19. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

20. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Senior member

People are right in saying that APC or N&F are first good pairs of raw selvedge. I just started wearing raws a few weeks ago and I bought APC NS. I highly recommend them. They look great and will fade great. APCs rarely go on sale. N&F goes on sale quite often online and at local stores. Check out local stores, sometimes they'll have N&F at half off. Hope you find a good pair of jeans.