Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. drum

drum Senior member

^ tts but narrow in my experience

2. saxamaphone

saxamaphone Active Member

Where can i buy wood coat hangers for cheap? not ikea - they need to be wide so that they dont add nipples to all the shoulders of my shirts/coats...

+1 on this. Don't want thin/plastic garbage, but they don't need to be made from old-growth Brazilian rainforest wood with gold hardware either.

3. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

[​IMG]

Anyone that can spot whom this is?

This got prior-paged too fast, anyone recognize him? I reckon he is a musician.

4. Filipe

Filipe Senior member

I have another question regarding Sperry Top-Siders. I've seen two different ways of using the laces in Sperrys: [​IMG] [​IMG] Sorry for the stupid question but when I order them online do I have to choose which "model" do I want, or are these just two different ways of tying laces?

5. xchen

xchen Senior member

Need to figure out socks for a wedding in a few weeks (not my wedding).

Wearing a navy cotton suit, white pocket square with black border, black pindot tie, white OCBD, and a pair of brown dress shoes. I generally wear charcoal gray socks with everything, so I don't have anything else other than this. I don't mind fun socks, and hopefully will be playing down the formalness of the fit a bit so doesn't have to be i-Banker status.

Any advice is appreciated.

6. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Need to figure out socks for a wedding in a few weeks (not my wedding).

Wearing a navy cotton suit, white pocket square with black border, black pindot tie, white OCBD, and a pair of brown dress shoes. I generally wear charcoal gray socks with everything, so I don't have anything else other than this. I don't mind fun socks, and hopefully will be playing down the formalness of the fit a bit so doesn't have to be i-Banker status.

Any advice is appreciated.

MC might be better for this kind of thing

7. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Buy these $60 Zara pants and get them hemmed:

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...USH%2BTROUSERS

...or, for $0, rip the bottoms of your regular old sweatpants, then take a dump in them. [​IMG]

i dont think ive ever posted in this thread before, but i will post in here just to say that you're an idiot.

8. shanks59

shanks59 Senior member

Thanks

^Japanese proxy service. Sharpservice or Sutocorp are popular ones around here. I've had better experience with Suto, but a lot of people like Sharpservice and it is slightly cheaper.

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I have another question regarding Sperry Top-Siders. I've seen two different ways of using the laces in Sperrys:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the stupid question but when I order them online do I have to choose which "model" do I want, or are these just two different ways of tying laces?

It's just how they laced them man. I don't know how they lace it in the 2nd image but I've seen other ways of lacing them. You can probably find it on google.

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Which of the MTM shirt services is the best for the price range? I've seen shirts from modern tailor and other lines and have been wondering which has the best quality for the price. I need a white button down that's not see through and I have to go custom as I have a large neck. Thanks.

11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

i dont think ive ever posted in this thread before, but i will post in here just to say that you're an idiot.

[​IMG]

Right. No resemblance at all.

[​IMG]

12. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

there actually is no resemblance...

13. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

Can anyone ID these shoes?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. juliank

juliank Senior member

So the consensus from most of the SF threads seems to be the that brown is the way to go when it comes to wearing chelseas with jeans. I agree that brown is for the most part a better look with denim. The thing is I have a couple of very nice black leather jackets and I'm unsure whether the brown chelsea is going to work with the black jacket. Below is a picture of the chelsea taken from a fellow member who purchased the same one. If you think it would work but with caveats; what would those caveats be ? White button down or v-neck versus black, color of belt etc. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...alchelseas.jpg

15. juliank

juliank Senior member