1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Armani Suits International?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fatherseanfan, Jun 30, 2006.

1. fatherseanfan

fatherseanfan Senior Member

There's an Armani suit currently on eBay and the inside label says it is from Armani Suits International. I checked them out online -- http://www.armanisuits.com/ -- and it seems to be a men's clothing shop in Thailand claiming to carry Armani, Gucci and Prada. Anyone ever heard of this place and can attest that their stuff isn't fake?

2. TomW

TomW Senior Member

Actually, they don't claim to sell Armani or anyone else. The site is somewhat misleading in the display of logos for some designers. However, all they say is that the designs from the top fashion houses are available.... they make what they sell and none of it is anything other than a copy of, or influenced by, other brands.

3. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Surprising that Armani's lawyers have not shut them down. i mean Armani International is a pretty blatant attempt to get a free ride on Armani's name, no?

4. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

armani (bangkok) is a tailoring shop. i believe it doesnt do retailing of mtm or otr suits.

5. fatherseanfan

fatherseanfan Senior Member

Actually, they don't claim to sell Armani or anyone else. The site is somewhat misleading in the display of logos for some designers.
    No, they do: http://www.armanisuits.com/tailor-fashion-men.php "We are probably best known for our quality menswear, with a range of over one hundred different styles and materials. All the latest designs are available from the top fashion houses like Armani, Gucci and Prada."

6. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Thailand has lots and lots and lots of tailoring places named after designers (and often enough with a Thai first name - Vichai Versace and the like)

7. TomW

TomW Senior Member

No, they do: http://www.armanisuits.com/tailor-fashion-men.php

"We are probably best known for our quality menswear, with a range of over one hundred different styles and materials. All the latest designs are available from the top fashion houses like Armani, Gucci and Prada."

That's what I mean about misleading... they "have all the designs" doesn't mean they carry the merchandise... they copy the designs...to greater or lesser effect....

8. Spencer Young

Spencer Young Senior Member

Hah, in Shenzhen (China) I remember seeing a store called UK Armani Limited... I think they were trying to knock off multiple brands at once. I think I also saw some place called Guido Versace, as well as a placed just called "Fat People's Shop".

9. Matt

Matt [email protected]

That's what I mean about misleading... they "have all the designs" doesn't mean they carry the merchandise... they copy the designs...to greater or lesser effect....
    no need to go overcomplicating things [​IMG] All that it means when you go in there they will have a scrap book full of fashion show photos of [insert designer here] suits. you point and say 'make me one just like that nice 5 button...in black please, I would like to wear it to work' and they smile, nod, and do.

10. TomW

TomW Senior Member

no need to go overcomplicating things [​IMG]

All that it means when you go in there they will have a scrap book full of fashion show photos of [insert designer here] suits.

you point and say 'make me one just like that nice black 5 button for work' and they smile, nod, and do.

What he said [​IMG]

11. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Hah, in Shenzhen (China) I remember seeing a store called UK Armani Limited... I think they were trying to knock off multiple brands at once. I think I also saw some place called Guido Versace, as well as a placed just called "Fat People's Shop".

yeah i have seen them too in china there is a lot of crap using italian name as most chinese think if it is italian it is famous so it is good stuff!!

12. wheelerray

wheelerray Senior Member

Surprising that Armani's lawyers have not shut them down. i mean Armani International is a pretty blatant attempt to get a free ride on Armani's name, no?

Very different legal system, I would imagine. It would also take a band of 5000 lawyers to put even a small dent in it. I've seen the name 'Armani' used in at least 100 different tailor shops just in Bangkok, Thailand and Kathmandu, Nepal. All build their own suits, but copy others' designs.

13. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

Very different legal system, I would imagine. It would also take a band of 5000 lawyers to put even a small dent in it. I've seen the name 'Armani' used in at least 100 different tailor shops just in Bangkok, Thailand and Kathmandu, Nepal. All build their own suits, but copy others' designs.

apparently the surname "armani" can trace its lineage from italy to thailand and central asia. [​IMG]

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

I have noticed Valentino is an oft-used name for Asian "prestige" purposes.

15. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

I have noticed Valentino is an oft-used name for Asian "prestige" purposes.
    yes, valentino is apparently a chinese surname! [​IMG] ot: this reminds me of a high-end watch store in our parts, that sells rolex and such- the name of the store is "washington jewellers" and the owner's first name is lincoln.