• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armani Suits International?

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
There's an Armani suit currently on eBay and the inside label says it is from Armani Suits International. I checked them out online -- http://www.armanisuits.com/ -- and it seems to be a men's clothing shop in Thailand claiming to carry Armani, Gucci and Prada. Anyone ever heard of this place and can attest that their stuff isn't fake?

TomW

Reaction score
Actually, they don't claim to sell Armani or anyone else. The site is somewhat misleading in the display of logos for some designers. However, all they say is that the designs from the top fashion houses are available.... they make what they sell and none of it is anything other than a copy of, or influenced by, other brands.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
armani (bangkok) is a tailoring shop. i believe it doesnt do retailing of mtm or otr suits.

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TomW
Actually, they don't claim to sell Armani or anyone else. The site is somewhat misleading in the display of logos for some designers.
No, they do: http://www.armanisuits.com/tailor-fashion-men.php "We are probably best known for our quality menswear, with a range of over one hundred different styles and materials. All the latest designs are available from the top fashion houses like Armani, Gucci and Prada."

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Thailand has lots and lots and lots of tailoring places named after designers (and often enough with a Thai first name - Vichai Versace and the like)

TomW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fatherseanfan
No, they do: http://www.armanisuits.com/tailor-fashion-men.php

"We are probably best known for our quality menswear, with a range of over one hundred different styles and materials. All the latest designs are available from the top fashion houses like Armani, Gucci and Prada."

That's what I mean about misleading... they "have all the designs" doesn't mean they carry the merchandise... they copy the designs...to greater or lesser effect....

Spencer Young

Reaction score
Hah, in Shenzhen (China) I remember seeing a store called UK Armani Limited... I think they were trying to knock off multiple brands at once. I think I also saw some place called Guido Versace, as well as a placed just called "Fat People's Shop".

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TomW
That's what I mean about misleading... they "have all the designs" doesn't mean they carry the merchandise... they copy the designs...to greater or lesser effect....
no need to go overcomplicating things
smile.gif
All that it means when you go in there they will have a scrap book full of fashion show photos of [insert designer here] suits. you point and say 'make me one just like that nice 5 button...in black please, I would like to wear it to work' and they smile, nod, and do.

TomW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
no need to go overcomplicating things
smile.gif

All that it means when you go in there they will have a scrap book full of fashion show photos of [insert designer here] suits.

you point and say 'make me one just like that nice black 5 button for work' and they smile, nod, and do.

What he said
plain.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer Young
Hah, in Shenzhen (China) I remember seeing a store called UK Armani Limited... I think they were trying to knock off multiple brands at once. I think I also saw some place called Guido Versace, as well as a placed just called "Fat People's Shop".

yeah i have seen them too in china there is a lot of crap using italian name as most chinese think if it is italian it is famous so it is good stuff!!

wheelerray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
Surprising that Armani's lawyers have not shut them down. i mean Armani International is a pretty blatant attempt to get a free ride on Armani's name, no?

Very different legal system, I would imagine. It would also take a band of 5000 lawyers to put even a small dent in it. I've seen the name 'Armani' used in at least 100 different tailor shops just in Bangkok, Thailand and Kathmandu, Nepal. All build their own suits, but copy others' designs.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wheelerray
Very different legal system, I would imagine. It would also take a band of 5000 lawyers to put even a small dent in it. I've seen the name 'Armani' used in at least 100 different tailor shops just in Bangkok, Thailand and Kathmandu, Nepal. All build their own suits, but copy others' designs.

apparently the surname "armani" can trace its lineage from italy to thailand and central asia.
laugh.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I have noticed Valentino is an oft-used name for Asian "prestige" purposes.
yes, valentino is apparently a chinese surname!
laugh.gif
ot: this reminds me of a high-end watch store in our parts, that sells rolex and such- the name of the store is "washington jewellers" and the owner's first name is lincoln.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads