• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone Remember the show "Married With Children"?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite part was the show within the show called "Psycho dad".
Brilliant un-PC show. Also, it was one of the longest running sitcoms of all times.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Classic episode was when Peg brought Marcy to a strip club and Marcy lost her wedding ring inside "Zorro's" pants.....

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I learned that putting your hand in your pants while watching TV is actually comfortable.

You put your hand down your pants while watching Al Bundy?
crackup[1].gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
You put your hand down your pants while watching Al Bundy?
crackup[1].gif

actually found myself doing it more often when watching Roseanne

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic episode was when Peg brought Marcy to a strip club and Marcy lost her wedding ring inside "Zorro's" pants.....

Especially funny if you knew that Marcy is a lesbian in RL.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
One of the things I loved about MwC is that, with most sitcoms that last awhile, the characters grow and evolve. There was none of that on MwC. If anything, the characters were even nastier and more shallow and pathetic by the time the show ended. To top it off, MwC had Ted McGinley, which is almost always a positive in the sitcom world.

I watched a few of the earlier episodes... the characters were disturbing. Peggy didn't have her wig, Kelly wasn't a total bimbo, Al seemed to have moments of happiness, and was occasionally fed. I didn't like it at all. Not only was it a comedic look at life, it was like a spoof of every other family sitcom ever made. The characters get less developed as time goes on. They don't solve problems, they just argued. They express no affection for each other, and weren't afraid to piss off the fox censors. (Do they even have censors anymore?)

actually found myself doing it more often when watching Roseanne

eek.gif

You poor boy, growing up all you had was roseanne barr. We should have had a jerry lewis telethon to raise money to buy you a hustler or something.

Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Especially funny if you knew that Marcy is a lesbian in RL.

I had no clue, except for the haircut.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I love Married with Children, I grew up watching that show for years. One of the best shows ever on TV, classic. I dig that Katie Sagal is Leela's voice on Futurama, another great show.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never watched it during it's original run, but just started watching old episodes in syndication. It's brilliant because it's the exact opposite of every other sitcom from that era, a broke, unhappy, struggling family, full of regret. I love how Al is always broke and regretting his life.

Plus, Al Bundy is a minimum wage, dead end shoe salesman, and he still wears a tie everyday!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Fox also brought out The Simpsons around that time, and, my favorite, The Gary Shandling Show. Their Sunday night lineup was great back around 1988-90

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
Fox also brought out The Simpsons around that time, and, my favorite, The Gary Shandling Show. Their Sunday night lineup was great back around 1988-90

Wait, wasn't "The Gary Shandling Show" on HBO? I think that show was so underated. I think it was better written than Seinfeld.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Wait, wasn't "The Gary Shandling Show" on HBO? I think that show was so underated. I think it was better written than Seinfeld.

Yes and also "Larry Sanders". The Gary Shandling show was a parody of sitcoms and quite well written. That show made it to Fox, Larry Sanders did not. Jeremy Piven was also great in "Larry Sanders".

"Dream On" on HBO is one of my top 5 sitcoms/TV shows of all time. WTF is Brian Benben doing now?

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Yes and also "Larry Sanders". The Gary Shandling show was a parody of sitcoms and quite well written. That show made it to Fox, Larry Sanders did not. Jeremy Piven was also great in "Larry Sanders".

"Dream On" on HBO is one of my top 5 sitcoms/TV shows of all time. WTF is Brian Benben doing now?

I think the Gary Shandling show was on Fox and Larry Sanders was a show he did for HBO. I always remember an epidode on the Gary Shandling show about his buddy's kid named Grant and he struck out with some chick. They had this Greek chorus that would step in from time to time. It came in and sang:
"That's great, that's great!
Grant has decided to wait!
Now he'll have to sit home,
and mastur..."

And then Gary steps in and strategicaly interupts.

Very funny ****.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Now!...Larry Sanders was awesome. Even Janine Garafamalo (sp-whatevs)was good in that, I remember the episode where she became the producer for 1 day. That was a great show.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I love Married with Children, I grew up watching that show for years. One of the best shows ever on TV, classic. I dig that Katie Sagal is Leela's voice on Futurama, another great show.

I faithfully watched every episode ever made of futurama, and never made the connection between Peggy and the voice of Leela until now.

Mustapha

Reaction score
I faithfully watched every episode ever made of futurama, and never made the connection between Peggy and the voice of Leela until now.

She has a wonderful resonant voice.
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads