• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone Remember the show "Married With Children"?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
It is? There's nothing gay about Golden Girls.
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Ya that is too funny. The only guy I know that likes golden girls is my gay HR salesman.
GQGay is right, for some reason that corny old show is some sort of cult show for teh gays. Not sure why "Mama's Family" or "She's the Sheriff" didn't also qualify.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Golden Girls is for the urban gay and Mama's Family is for the rural gay.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Golden Girls part of gay culture? I never heard that before.

Al Bundy was a integral part of hetero-sexual male culture with all the super-hot babes who would randomly walk into the shoe store... although I did find it a little suspicious that he never wanted to ******** with Peggy. It was funny because the occasional encounter with a smoking hot girl seemed to be the only ray of sunshine in an otherwise miserable life for Al. He is the classic lovable loser.

Spousal abuse is wrong, but I wish just once he would slap Peggy for being so useless. Bros before hos I guess

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mama's Family is a complete classic. I used to watch it with my grandmother when I was a young stud, and I still try to catch reruns when I can.

It used to be on at like 6 AM, so when I was in high school I'd occasionally watch a few minutes while getting ready. Vicki Lawrence is a comedic genius.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mama's Family is definitely one of the top 10 all time greats. Vicky Lawrence kills in that.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow

Al Bundy was a integral part of hetero-sexual male culture with all the super-hot babes who would randomly walk into the shoe store... although I did find it a little suspicious that he never wanted to ******** with Peggy.

He did at times. There are numerous scenes of him and Peggy going upstairs then him emerging after about 10 seconds, all done
biggrin.gif

Married with children is the best comedy show.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorian
Fixed. ...she and most of the original cast have all proven themselves as hardworking and dedicated actors.
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Wasn't Bud in Details or GQ recently about how he just sort of sits around, smokes pot and does some like low budget production company? He did seemed to be pretty built, so I'll give him that.
I def. wasn't including Bud in "most" above. I haven't seen him but for one episode of something like 'The Outer Limits,' I think.
Originally Posted by underwearer
227 was a great show for that era.
'227' was great. Wasn't that also a Norman Lear production? Was 'Amen' a spinoff from that?
Originally Posted by RJman
GQGay is right, for some reason that corny old show is some sort of cult show for teh[sic] gays. Not sure why "Mama's Family" or "She's the Sheriff" didn't also qualify.
...or 'Gimme a Break'. Nell Carter slapping scrawny white dudes upside their heads every episode... But come on, 'Golden Girls' was simply an attempt at bringing back the magic of 'Maude', throwing some ladies around Bea Arthur.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But come on, 'Golden Girls' was simply an attempt at bringing back the magic of 'Maude', throwing some ladies around Bea Arthur.
Ummmm no.

BonkeyDollocks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
She was looking a bit haggard in the last season or two - you could see the bags under her eyes from all the parting in the 80's

But man - in her prime......
inlove.gif

gq.gif

inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'227' was great. Wasn't that also a Norman Lear production? Was 'Amen' a spinoff from that?

I dont think they are related. It goes: All in the Famly>The Jeffersons (Norman Lear)
227 and Amen were not related at all just as The Jeffersons and 227 were not related.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I learned that putting your hand in your pants while watching TV is actually comfortable.
Al_Bundy.jpg

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Bundy had money, I would imagine he would look like Iammat
laugh.gif
(Bundy only wears flat front pants, button down shirts, and knit ties)

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
If Bundy had money, I would imagine he would look like Iammat
laugh.gif
(Bundy only wears flat front pants, button down shirts, and knit ties)

ROTFLMFAO... man, that's classic...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the things I loved about MwC is that, with most sitcoms that last awhile, the characters grow and evolve. There was none of that on MwC. If anything, the characters were even nastier and more shallow and pathetic by the time the show ended. To top it off, MwC had Ted McGinley, which is almost always a positive in the sitcom world.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyw
Peg Bundy is MILF material..Katey Sagal is hot!

+1. Her character on the show was always repulsive, but she's quite a MILF in that second picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads