• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody with Wind Mobile???

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find an archived thread on the topic.

I live in Toronto and have used Rogers as my cell-phone carrier for the last three years. My contract expires next month and I'm wondering if I should switch over to Wind. Their $45 plan is basically unlimited everything as long as you're within a "Wind Zone," which is pretty much everywhere I frequent in the province. Plus, no roaming and 500mb of data is only $5 for the next year.

Wind is pretty new, so I'm wondering if anybody has any feedback on the quality of their service - reception, reliability, customer service, etc.?

...and yes, I'm on hold with Rogers' "customer relations" department right now. Going to threaten to cancel and see what comes of it.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not but it's a good plan if it works for you. Bear in mind your buying your phone at full price up front. I haven't jumped on the smart phone bandwagon yet because I am on a long obsolete City Fido plan (unlimited talk with in the Greater Toronto zone) so I'm not in a huge rush to go on the i Phone/Android bandwagon.

What I would really like to see is roaming charges dropped like in the US.

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
I'm not but it's a good plan if it works for you. Bear in mind your buying your phone at full price up front. I haven't jumped on the smart phone bandwagon yet because I am on a long obsolete City Fido plan (unlimited talk with in the Greater Toronto zone) so I'm not in a huge rush to go on the i Phone/Android bandwagon.

What I would really like to see is roaming charges dropped like in the US.

If I already have a phone, can't I simply sign up for Mobile's network coverage?

Also, Wind doesn't have roaming - as long as you're inside a "Wind Zone."

cancel.sing

Reaction score
I'm with Wind, having been with Fido previously. Wind's plans are superb and the phones are fine (they are not full price; they're subsidized).

The only issue is the network, and it's a big one. I haven't had too many dropped calls per se, but the occasionally spotty signal in anywhere except the most central parts of Toronto is really annoying.

Check out Chat-r, maybe? It's Rogers' new sub-brand to compete with Wind. You get their network.

Beetleything

Reaction score
Well WIND do not have there own network so will use ROGERS or someone elses....just like FIDO do...so find out who's network they use.

LordWanker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sherman90
If I already have a phone, can't I simply sign up for Mobile's network coverage?

Also, Wind doesn't have roaming - as long as you're inside a "Wind Zone."

As long as your phone is supported by the Wind network, but get that in writing.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who has roaming charges inside their own country? I sure as hell don't pay to roam with Bell when I'm in Eastern Canada.

krish88

Reaction score
I tried Wind, but couldn't handle it -- roaming charges were terrible (i'm in Vancouver, and when I would go out to locations like UBC I would get charged $0.30 a minute...what a joke). add that to the fact that I had too many dropped calls, the terrible customer service (average wait time was 30-40 minutes whenever I called in), and the fact that you pay full price for the phones ($450 for the bold??) and it was definitely not worth it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads