• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any other Edmontonians here?

Unregistered

Reaction score
linkinwayne, you're moving??
butbut.gif

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Ahaha yeah, around the end of June. Will still make it to the SF meeting though
revolve.gif

Why?! You go through a horrid winter just to leave as things are getting nice again?!
tongue.gif

Where are you heading off to?

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Why?! You go through a horrid winter just to leave as things are getting nice again?!
tongue.gif

Where are you heading off to?

Ha, Malaysia. Got my scholarship cancelled
lol8[1].gif

I'm planning on taking some streetstyle pics tomorrow, wonder how it'll go (probably horribly). I also have no idea how to approach people to ask, never having done it before. Wonder if I should cloak myself in gothninja

Unregistered

Reaction score
Ha, Malaysia. Got my scholarship cancelled
lol8[1].gif

I'm planning on taking some streetstyle pics tomorrow, wonder how it'll go (probably horribly). I also have no idea how to approach people to ask, never having done it before. Wonder if I should cloak myself in gothninja

Depends how you're dressed and where you're at. Wouldn't recommend it at say, 97 St and 106 Ave right?
laugh.gif

Unregistered

Reaction score
LOL. I'm probably going to go 'round Whyte then around the University area. Playing soccer there in the evening anyway

Try the 114 - 109 area of Jasper too!

Now I'm going to go walking around dressed up on Whyte waiting for some guy to ask to take my picture tomorrow
laugh.gif

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Try the 114 - 109 area of Jasper too!

Now I'm going to go walking around dressed up on Whyte waiting for some guy to ask to take my picture tomorrow
laugh.gif

Good idea, I'm literally a single street away lol. I wonder if anyone's going to be taking pictures at the meetup
lol8[1].gif
Also, if you see a short asian dude with a camera, do the SF yodel
bigstar[1].gif

Sorry for the meetup derailing haha

Unregistered

Reaction score
Good idea, I'm literally a single street away lol. I wonder if anyone's going to be taking pictures at the meetup
lol8[1].gif
Also, if you see a short asian dude with a camera, do the SF yodel
bigstar[1].gif

Sorry for the meetup derailing haha

That makes 2 of us Asian dudes
laugh.gif

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Sartorial
My bad, I was in charge of organizing all of this but my schedule's been nuts.

Let's say 7:30pm at Niche next Friday May 27th.

Early enough that you can call it dinner, late enough that you can eat ahead of the time or head out to the clubs after or whatever you do with your Friday nights

This handily works with my intentions to go see the Hangover Part 2 that night.

Confirm attendance now or suggest an alternative.

I will confirm my attendance.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday is no good for me because it's a Friday.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotz to get down on Friday

Didn't end up taking streetstyle pics; will lower my standards next time. Also, I got drawn in to the Gravity Pope clothing store and blew $200 there, had to restrict myself from grabbing more stuff

(Gravity Pope review in my Tumblr if you're interested)

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chanced upon the Louisiana Purchase restaurant today while accompanying housemate to Fly Jeans (
ffffuuuu.gif
god awful clothes).

The food was great. Cajun + Creole cooking, with a brilliant ambience and er hot waitresses
teacha.gif
Anyway, I had an alligator kebab which blew everything from Dadeos away. Succulent meat with a perfect marinade, very pleased with the dish. Dessert was pretty good too.

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Chanced upon the Louisiana Purchase restaurant today while accompanying housemate to Fly Jeans (
ffffuuuu.gif
god awful clothes).

The food was great. Cajun + Creole cooking, with a brilliant ambience and er hot waitresses
teacha.gif
Anyway, I had an alligator kebab which blew everything from Dadeos away. Succulent meat with a perfect marinade, very pleased with the dish. Dessert was pretty good too.

Yeah Fly Jeans is like a house of fashion sin. Reminds me of the hilarious comment from an early episode of "How to make it in America": "You know what makes good jeans? Cool pockets!"
uhoh.gif

I like the concept for Louisiana Purchase, but I must admit I've only ever found the food to be so-so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads