• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any other Edmontonians here?

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Went to pampa brazilian steakhouse, was a pretty cool experience. Food is pretty average in general, but the roasted beef was amazing.

I drive by there all the time and tell the old lady "we've got to go try that place". Same for Louisiana Purchase (it's a five minute walk from my place).

On another note, does anybody know a tailor/company here in town that would be able to do a dye job for me? I've got a gray wool shirt/jacket thingy that I want to dye navy blue (and I don't trust myself enough to DIY it).

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Went to pampa brazilian steakhouse, was a pretty cool experience. Food is pretty average in general, but the roasted beef was amazing.

Yeah I was kinda disappointed in it. The meats were good but the service sucked and the salad bar was lacking.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the service was pretty good actually, there was one waiter in charge of drinks etc and he periodically came over to check up on us. The 'salad bar' wasn't really a salad bar at all, completely agree about it lacking with respect to, well, salad. Was pleasantly surprised they had quinoa, couscous etc though

Unregistered

Reaction score
Back from Calgary (again!)

Mercato was absolutely amazing for dinner (again!)

Bolero (their Brazilian grilled meat place) was excellent - I'd say better than the Edmonton one simply because they serve an amazing grilled pineapple with caramel glaze.

Took advantage of the 40% off at BB Factory store and combined it with a 15% corporate discount!

schrag

Reaction score
Late to the party, but I'm based in Edmonton too, and will set some time aside to sift through the thread for useful info on tailors, shops and restaurants.

Loving my location at the moment, basically living a few blocks from where Oliver meets Glenora. Couldn't imagine living more than a few minutes away from the River Valley or tributary ravine...

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm there if anyone still wants to meet up, at least.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about 60% a go for Friday. I'll see what I can make happen.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Back from Calgary (again!) Mercato was absolutely amazing for dinner (again!) Bolero (their Brazilian grilled meat place) was excellent - I'd say better than the Edmonton one simply because they serve an amazing grilled pineapple with caramel glaze. Took advantage of the 40% off at BB Factory store and combined it with a 15% corporate discount!
You're referring to the Cross Iron BB I assume? You found decent stuff?

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never been. I guess you would say it is generally worth the trip? Did you go during the Sale on pUrpose? How did you find out about the sale?

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm off the Android and back to the laptop now so I can type in real sentences and not feel like I'm wasting my life.

I've only been to the Cross Iron "factory" BB once. I remember asking if they had any "Fitzgerald" fit coats and the guy took me to the winter coats section. I then re-asked and he deferred to someone a bit higher up who also didn't know what the "Fitzgerald" fit was. Really, I'm not alpha, I swear, but I walked out promptly.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be clear, there is a BB downtown. Not an outlet. And Mercato is great.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
To be clear, there is a BB downtown. Not an outlet. And Mercato is great.
Indeed. And it really is worth the drive, at least the first time. Edit: I just realized that comment was ambiguous in response to the unaltered quotation, but it really does work for the former and the latter equally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads