• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any other Edmontonians here?

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Hudson's?
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by unjung
rotflmao.gif

I live near one (as did one of my regular drinking buddies) and we always seemed to end up there due to the proximity. I never actually had a bad time there, sure it isn't the Hermes of bars but I didn't mind it. Personally, I'm a ye old pub kind of guy (not Hudsons obviously).
Originally Posted by Notreknip
eh.gif
I wouldn't live anywhere further than 10-15 blocks from the river if my rent were FREE! I respect the fact that you're a different human being, but I have to believe you're just not seeing the whole picture. I mean, for example, Hudson's is okay, but if that is your standard of what it desirable, I think you need to spend more time on these fora. That said, come out to the next meet and I'm sure I'll discover that you're a likable guy that is more cultured/intelligent than I. Really, no hate, I'm just surprised by your position.

No hate taken. My PoV is probably quite different then the dude looking for downtown condos. I'm in a serious relationship (which negate the need to live near Edmonton's easy tail), I don't have time for the bars as much anymore and I work nowhere near downtown. I just don't get the appeal to living downtown (I'd much prefer living in the countryside).

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good man!

When is this meet happening?

Unregistered

Reaction score
Went out apartment shopping today, was quite fun!

Didn't really like Alta Vista - layouts were quite odd, lack of a walk-in closet was a no-no for the fiancee. The Venetian was nice, as was Maxx (new development on 105 ave and 113) - but hearing bad things about the developer on C2E. Meridian was rather "old" looking.

Food for thought...

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to rent a furnished two bedroom condo in century park?
laugh.gif

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I'm living on Whyte / 111 right now and whilst it can get noisy Fri/Sat nights, I don't really mind it. 4 years of living on Whyte has me wanting a little change right now though. I don't see anywhere else as really worth it. It's either downtown or suburbs for me, and I'm leaning quite a bit towards the former for reasons above.
Have you thought about living just off Whyte? I'm currently at 85ave & 109st .. and there are some fairly nice apartments. A few nice condo's off Sask Dr. Also, quick walk to Whyte but far enough away that it's dead quiet and only sketchy people I see are the odd dumpster divers. Finally, the #9 bus gets you downtown in a few minutes - and hasn't been that sketchy the few times I've been on it.

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imschatz
Have you thought about living just off Whyte? I'm currently at 85ave & 109st .. and there are some fairly nice apartments. A few nice condo's off Sask Dr. Also, quick walk to Whyte but far enough away that it's dead quiet and only sketchy people I see are the odd dumpster divers. Finally, the #9 bus gets you downtown in a few minutes - and hasn't been that sketchy the few times I've been on it.

Those are expensive apartments because of the view though aren't they? I used to live in a house on 105 / 87 Ave but that's a completely different story...

If I am thinking of the correct building, it's the one with the ramp that goes up a little and the slightly underground parking?

Unregistered

Reaction score
I'm good with Monday/Tuesday/Friday evenings. Other weeknights I'm free after 9:30...

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Thought we had a Niche meet-up in the works?

My bad, I was in charge of organizing all of this but my schedule's been nuts.

Let's say 7:30pm at Niche next Friday May 27th.

Early enough that you can call it dinner, late enough that you can eat ahead of the time or head out to the clubs after or whatever you do with your Friday nights

This handily works with my intentions to go see the Hangover Part 2 that night.

Confirm attendance now or suggest an alternative.

herragge

Reaction score
Blown away by the number of Edmontonians here! Young, fashion forward, progressive males...I guess all SF edmontonians were the ones who contributed to the NDP win in the Strathcona riding? Haha.

Did my undergrad at U of A and had great experiences there. Currently at UBC now in dental school, but Edmonton, specifically the Whyte area where I lived for 4 years, still has a distinct character that I occasionally miss. And Vancouverites don't dress much better, if at all, for the most part.

Will have to check out this Niche, joint on my next visit there. Have fun at the get-together guys.

Mike

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 27th is likely a no-go for me, unfortunately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads