• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any F1 racing fans here?

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First post in this section, wanted to share my Puma BMW Sauber F1 Team shoes. Pretty light weight and unique. I am surprised Puma is doing the Merc. AMG shoes as well as the BMW racing teams. Anyway, I hope you like the pics...I like the shoes alot.

waywt005-4.jpg

waywt004-4.jpg

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an F1 fan, but wouldn't that be the equivalent of, say, wearing Nike Seattle Seahawks cross-trainers (should such an oddity exist)? I understand the appeal for collection purposes if one were a major Sauber fan, but I can't imagine wearing them. Though admittedly, I look ridiculous in Pumas in general.

Eric Stoner

Reaction score
Big F1 fan. These look pretty good, not really my thing but not bad at all. Have you seen the range they make for Ferrari?

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Sweet...I like those a lot.

Represent for the much-abused Puma!

Mblova

Reaction score
Very nice shoes. Links to the AMG shoes? I am relly suprised they are doing AMG shoes. I always thought Merc shoes were done by ferregamo.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mblova
Very nice shoes. Links to the AMG shoes? I am relly suprised they are doing AMG shoes. I always thought Merc shoes were done by ferregamo.

You could be correct, I handled a new pair of AMG shoes at Nords. and thought they were Pumas..I could be wrong.

Thaks for the complimetns fellas, I am very happy with them. I actually bought them through a BMW catolog.

Mblova

Reaction score
I was pretty sure they were ferragamo's but ive been proven wrong.... or at least Nordstroms thinks so
_5338472.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/2tbfpa

thesternowl

Reaction score
Huge F1 fan.

Great shoes LSeca!

I've got a pair of the pure red Scuderia Ferrari Future Cats from last years collection.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thesternowl
Huge F1 fan.

Great shoes LSeca!

I've got a pair of the pure red Scuderia Ferrari Future Cats from last years collection.

Very nice! I have the normal Futurecat; they are very comfortable, even when walking for extended periods as I did last summer while back home...

thesternowl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jean_connoisseur23
those are cool, but i'm a big tifosi fan

...which is rather redundant since "tifosi" literally means "fans" in Italian...but then again, it seems the Ferrari fans are always known simply as "The Tifosi". Has anyone else wondered this? Perhaps someone can offer clarification
confused.gif

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thesternowl
...which is rather redundant since "tifosi" literally means "fans" in Italian...but then again, it seems the Ferrari fans are always known simply as "The Tifosi". Has anyone else wondered this? Perhaps someone can offer clarification
confused.gif

If you're a Ferrari fan, you're a member of the Tifosi, not a fan of them.To say one is a Tifosi fan would be to say that one is a fan of fans of Ferrari. The word Tifosi, while it has a literal meaning in Italian (apparently), is known at the very least outside of Italy as a Ferrari fan. I would be curious to know how the word is taken in Italy, but I would guess the specificity of the word depends on the context.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads