• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Stone

Reaction score
Antonio posted pics of the upper of my chukkas - I'm psyched about the color:

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is presumably without test shoes?

Yes, just prior to Antonio's most recent price increase, I'd made payment, amounting to 1100 Euros, for the Aurum shoes. Taking into account the price jump, I believe 1200 Euros would be fairly conservative

The Aurum line is RTW, so no custom measurements at all.

I believe this is not correct. Aurum line shoes represent some of his best work, second only to bespoke, they are most most definitely, made to measure.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Aurum line is RTW, so no custom measurements at all.

Aurum is not RTW. It is MTO. Information about the lines have been mentioned quite a few times in this thread.

With his plans to open a webshop, he is setting up Argentum as RTW from the preview he posted. Unless, he is also planning to put a RTW for Aurum, it hasn't been announced yet as far as I know.

Last edited:

Jtchinoy

Reaction score

Aurum is not RTW. It is MTO. Information about the lines have been mentioned quite a few times in this thread.

With his plans to open a webshop, he is setting up Argentum as RTW from the preview he posted. Unless, he is also planning to put a RTW for Aurum, it hasn't been announced yet as far as I know.

Must've gotten the names mixed up. Apologies.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just received an email reply from Antonio.
The current price for his Aurum line shoes is 1150 Euros.

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This mesage from Antonio was posted here some ago (sorry, do not remember which member post it). Hope it clarifies.

"I have two lines: Argentum hand welted and "Aurum". All my shoes from the standard Argentum" line to the Aurum lines are fully handwelted. The difference is that for my Aurum shoes there is a lot of work involved in making the shoe. The insole is more finely carved to be as tight as possible to the waist and sole, the toe puffs and heel counters are skivvied very precisely as not to interrupt the flow of the last. Outside the shoe, I use the finest available leathers (the same as used for bespoke work), the shaping of the soles, waist and heel is a lot finer and more precise than my normal shoes. In fact it takes almost twice as long to make as compared to my standard shoe. It is the closest to bespoke work outside of me personally taking your measurements and doing the fittings.

All my Aurum shoes are available in any last you wish, but the Aurum specific lasts (on my tumblr all the Aurum lasts are identified) are more sinuous and ergonomic in shape with tighter waists. My tumblr site is: meccariello-calzoleria.tumblr.com

Argentum shoes start at Euro 750 () Boot prices depend on the model
Standard shoe tree =if avaiable=35 euro only for Argentum.
Aurum shoes start at Euro 1150 (does not include a bespoke shoe tree) Boot prices depend on the model
A three piece bespoke shoe tree is Euro 150
A spring loaded two piece bespoke shoe tree is Euro 120
Metal LuLu toe tips are Euro 50
Last adjustment including a test shoe is Euro 300

The last adjustment service is where I check the measurements of your foot against your chosen last and manually adjust it to make a personalised last for you. This service is more like made to measure/semi bespoke. For me, true bespoke is when I personally take your measurements, and personally conduct the fittings, and this I am not able to do for clients who do not come to Naples."

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 1450 is correct for Aurum with test shoes. Shipping is 180 (to America, that is).

Speaking of which, I think it's time I order another pair. Hmmm, now what do I want...?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads