• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only pair of AMs.
14DAD466-ABDC-4A53-9CFB-030FB0C7F23D.jpeg
455FE3DA-43FA-4B5D-A1F2-F0D4501ACD06.jpeg

Soixante

Reaction score
Anyone owns any of the following;

• Last’s B2 Tribune
• Argentum Round
• Argentum B
• Argentum Hawksbill
• Argentum B2

Able to fetch me top down and side profiles photos? I’m trying to get MTO going, but left undecided on last’s…

Thanks!

Last edited:

Betta

Reaction score
Anyone owns any of the following;

• Last’s B2 Tribune
• Argentum Round
• Argentum B
• Argentum Hawksbill
• Argentum B2

Able to fetch me top down and side profiles photos? I’m trying to get MTO going..

Thanks!
Interested in this as well!

hysteria

Reaction score
I'm extremely astonished at how dishonest and poor AM's customer service has been.
I reached out to him for the first time earlier in the month to make sure that the two pairs I"m looking at would be compatible with my feet and whether any sizing changes would have to be made to accommodate my feet for those shoes. Return shipping is extremely expensive from where I live, so while there are no guarantees, I do want to make sure that I'm making an informed decision and ordering the pair that makes most sense for my feet. He asked me for photos of measurements, and after I sent them to him he didn't respond, after 3-4 follow-ups over 4 weeks, although I made it clear that I would place an order as soon as I heard from him.

Then, I messaged Silvana to see if I could get some more input from her, sent her all the photos and measurements, and all she said was "I think you're 7.5 UK", without providing clarification on whether the same size makes sense on the multiple lasts I'm considering and other variables that would affect fit. She ignored my f/u for a few weeks to solicit more clarification, to which she responds "I thought I told you 7.5, didn't you see the email?", to which I responded that I was hoping for some more clarification on whether the B-last and C4 would both work in 7.5, but also whether my average instep and narrower width would be an issue for either last and whether any size compensation is required.

This was her response:

"Not answering is better than buying shoes that fit you wrongly. We protect our customers interests ,first, and until we can't solve some questions we can't give you an answer.
If we do not give you an answer ,it is because we do not have complete feedback from you .

Considering you are looking for the most perfect fit from our ready to wear collection ,we should analyze all your information carefully,and this requires time. i'm sorry ,but it looks that your foot is not so simple to analyze,and mostly We are worried that from the pictures you sent ,of the measuring ,we wrongly read the tape(in some pictures we are not sure of numbers.

First ,show me the tape from the start ,the head ,where the zero is.

Second, ( when you are sure to recognize the zero point ) write close to each picture the exact measure in centimeters.( to avoid mistake)notice you could make a mistake ,show me the head of tape ,and indicate where the zero is ,
the white part is included or not?do this with care ,because from here depends all the job we have top do

Considering that this part could be 1 cm ,it make a huge difference and from here we do not know how it is clearly.

Let me have all the correct numbers"

^^I'm astonished with this response because even though her concerns are fair, not one did Silvana or Antonio express that they needed more information or had concerns about my measurement, but proceeded to blindly offer a size suggestion (independent of last or other variables that affect fit), and then proceeded to justify that the reason for not answering my questions is that they didn't get all the information from me, even though it was not even once expressed that they needed me to do the measurements differently, which I'm more than happy to do. I thought that they were just too busy or too slow to respond, but I'm really concerned that they were about to let me order a pair despite all the concerns expressed above for the first time, and it's only after I pushed so many times, it's coming out that they don't feel like they have all the info to assess my foot, and as a result, it was best to ignore me, rather than just tell me what else they needed, which I could've easily provided.

I'm partly venting bc I've spent so much time and effort into trying to communicate with them so far based on all the input about how good the shoes are and that they are apparently a marvel to own, but the experience has felt really pretentious and dishonest. In comparison, Vass, Yeossal, TLB, CJ have all been tremendously helpful in guiding me regarding their respective shoes. Even Vass, with their small team and notoriously slow response times, have communicated in far more detail and answered every question, despite how tricky it has been for me to size for the F-last. But, I'm also wondering if the experience is better for others who have purchased numerous AM shoes bc they only bother to spend effort on their MTO customers, and perhaps this level of negligence can just be expected as a RTW customer who should feel lucky enough that they're even getting a chance to wear AM shoes...

Last edited:

Johnny80

Reaction score
Yes, i had my issues with them based on returning RTW pair and them trying to ignore the UE law of 14days right for return/refund, they tried to not refund based on their internal returning policy and ignoring the laws
For me, the communication with the girls was ok, with him not so much.But the shoes are top notch after you figure your size

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm extremely astonished at how dishonest and poor AM's customer service has been.
I reached out to him for the first time earlier in the month to make sure that the two pairs I"m looking at would be compatible with my feet and whether any sizing changes would have to be made to accommodate my feet for those shoes. Return shipping is extremely expensive from where I live, so while there are no guarantees, I do want to make sure that I'm making an informed decision and ordering the pair that makes most sense for my feet. He asked me for photos of measurements, and after I sent them to him he didn't respond, after 3-4 follow-ups over 4 weeks, although I made it clear that I would place an order as soon as I heard from him.

Then, I messaged Silvana to see if I could get some more input from her, sent her all the photos and measurements, and all she said was "I think you're 7.5 UK", without providing clarification on whether the same size makes sense on the multiple lasts I'm considering and other variables that would affect fit. She ignored my f/u for a few weeks to solicit more clarification, to which she responds "I thought I told you 7.5, didn't you see the email?", to which I responded that I was hoping for some more clarification on whether the B-last and C4 would both work in 7.5, but also whether my average instep and narrower width would be an issue for either last and whether any size compensation is required.

This was her response:

"Not answering is better than buying shoes that fit you wrongly. We protect our customers interests ,first, and until we can't solve some questions we can't give you an answer.
If we do not give you an answer ,it is because we do not have complete feedback from you .

Considering you are looking for the most perfect fit from our ready to wear collection ,we should analyze all your information carefully,and this requires time. i'm sorry ,but it looks that your foot is not so simple to analyze,and mostly We are worried that from the pictures you sent ,of the measuring ,we wrongly read the tape(in some pictures we are not sure of numbers.

First ,show me the tape from the start ,the head ,where the zero is.

Second, ( when you are sure to recognize the zero point ) write close to each picture the exact measure in centimeters.( to avoid mistake)notice you could make a mistake ,show me the head of tape ,and indicate where the zero is ,
the white part is included or not?do this with care ,because from here depends all the job we have top do

Considering that this part could be 1 cm ,it make a huge difference and from here we do not know how it is clearly.

Let me have all the correct numbers"

^^I'm astonished with this response because even though her concerns are fair, not one did Silvana or Antonio express that they needed more information or had concerns about my measurement, but proceeded to blindly offer a size suggestion (independent of last or other variables that affect fit), and then proceeded to justify that the reason for not answering my questions is that they didn't get all the information from me, even though it was not even once expressed that they needed me to do the measurements differently, which I'm more than happy to do. I thought that they were just too busy or too slow to respond, but I'm really concerned that they were about to let me order a pair despite all the concerns expressed above for the first time, and it's only after I pushed so many times, it's coming out that they don't feel like they have all the info to assess my foot, and as a result, it was best to ignore me, rather than just tell me what else they needed, which I could've easily provided.

I'm partly venting bc I've spent so much time and effort into trying to communicate with them so far based on all the input about how good the shoes are and that they are apparently a marvel to own, but the experience has felt really pretentious and dishonest. In comparison, Vass, Yeossal, TLB, CJ have all been tremendously helpful in guiding me regarding their respective shoes. Even Vass, with their small team and notoriously slow response times, have communicated in far more detail and answered every question, despite how tricky it has been for me to size for the F-last. But, I'm also wondering if the experience is better for others who have purchased numerous AM shoes bc they only bother to spend effort on their MTO customers, and perhaps this level of negligence can just be expected as a RTW customer who should feel lucky enough that they're even getting a chance to wear AM shoes...
That is unfortunate for sure. On the flip side, there are plenty of solid shoe brands offering a fantastic product and hopefully better customer service. Easy to move on and give your business to someone else

hysteria

Reaction score
It appears that some of the fine community members raised my concerns with Antonio, which got his attention, and he reached out to me to resolve the issues and provide the much-needed sizing and last guidance that I've been trying to solicit for the last month. It was surprising how helpful he was after that, and I doubt we would've had that conversation had others not raised the issue with him, so I'm grateful for the community's advocacy, which clearly made a difference and improved my customer experience.

I'm close to putting in an order and will keep everyone posted once that comes through and I put these shoes.

wheresdremote

Reaction score

=============

I'm glad to hear it seems to have worked out! I'd agree that AM's customer service may not be all that great -- but I'm not so sure I'd go so far as to call it "dishonest." It's a small business, there's often a language barrier and I can understand why it's hard to offer recommendations on sizing if they don't have everything they feel they need. That said, it's also unacceptable and downright poor business practice to simply ignore a customer. I'm also not so sure I like the idea of AM responding only after some "higher ups" got their attention. Anyway, congrats on your future AM shoes. Like I've said, they're definitely amazing and worth the wait. Speaking of, be prepared for the six-month wait ...

hysteria

Reaction score
When AM get its right, you won’t want to wear another pair of shoes ..

View attachment 1796855 View attachment 1796856 View attachment 1796857

Gorgeous. Always a fan of your photos. You probably post the best photos on the forum. However, I'm always impressed by how good your trousers look. The fabrics are always spot on. Would you care to suggests where you source most of your trousers from? I assume you're wearing a suit rather than an odd trouser. That gray houndstooth is beautiful.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous. Always a fan of your photos. You probably post the best photos on the forum. However, I'm always impressed by how good your trousers look. The fabrics are always spot on. Would you care to suggests where you source most of your trousers from? I assume you're wearing a suit rather than an odd trouser. That gray houndstooth is beautiful.

Thank you for being so generous in your compliment. Most of my trousers are from Cavour.co and Spier/Mackay and few others from Rota/Incotex. This particular pair is a Cavour indeed.

Adhazem

Reaction score
Any luck with the Caio pair? Would you be kind to share your thoughts on his construction? The welt looks incredibly clean and the waist disappears while thinning out. I usually see that happening only when it is a blake with faux welt (like the EB with Japanese waist) or when it's a 180 HW with blake waist.

Finally arrived. They look and feel very nice. I honestly am not sure about the construction I can’t even see the stitches. He did try to explain it but I didn’t understand. Google translate can only get you so far.

Gotta slip them on tomorrow. If the fit is good I’m gonna be very happy.
E02B2DEE-9292-4E3A-9D37-15F4CF895A06.jpeg
FDB5D091-0E4B-4934-8505-EDD089B0BE9F.jpeg
9D34AEB2-4CF1-4B56-B15D-8FFCDB50CD16.jpeg
AC0E4F03-BC78-4C99-83B3-7C404C98EA13.jpeg
F49EB9BF-5D58-4DE1-8D45-3E34F94870DC.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads