• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Adhazem

Reaction score
I feel like the toe box due to my wide feet looks a lot like YF’s shoes. Very cleverly like. But just waiting on the shoe trees. This was done in less than 10 weeks for my MTM. Pretty fast…!

Which tree did you end up getting? He told me the aurum/bespoke tree would be a pretty $250 I think and recommended a general lasted tree.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. The three-piece was on because the bike ride is 10-15 minutes. I stretch it a little (a lot) because it is nice to be outdoors, but I am in no danger of overheating. If I had to cycle for 20+ minutes each way, I would be wearing @Jmr928's shorts (but no drivers).

Yeah no way I'm bike riding in that kind of temperature with a three piece suit on. After 20 minutes, I'd look like I would have been through a car wash from the sweat.

Adhazem

Reaction score
What did you end up ordering?

Oh I meant me too about €250 being a hit much.

I need to get off my a*s and get him my measurements. Which means I need my wife to help. Which means I need to tell her I’m getting another pair. Which means….you get it.

So just dragging my feet till the weather forecast is favorable….☁☁☁

Rusty1960

Reaction score
Love my Principes II in kudu/calf. The lasted shoe trees fit perfectly for my 11.5F UK. Removing the trees can be a project. Any removal tips? Thanks

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love my Principes II in kudu/calf. The lasted shoe trees fit perfectly for my 11.5F UK. Removing the trees can be a project. Any removal tips? Thanks

At around the 3 minute mark, or forward, is what you should be looking at. And, give our buddy David a like and subscribe .

Last edited:

ajay199127

Reaction score
First let’s agree that this is a great problem to have. Yes the MTM is another €300 plus the last cost which varies I guess. I know Aurum sounds delicious, but I personally would go with the 2 MTM argentum. You won’t get a truly lasted tree, more of a generic last one but I think it’s worth the savings. The Aurum style tree is like €350.

I’ve worked with Graziat on MTM. They make their shoes at the Xibao factory I believe. Wilbur was terrific to work with. He sent me 3…that’s THREE trial pairs and made those beauties:

View attachment 1785851

I did a modified last with Enzo Bonafè through Mehra. It was small modifications free of charge for this Adelaide.

View attachment 1785852

I’ve worked with Caio Torres, a bespoke maker out of Brazil on this pair. It’s about ready but hasn’t shipped yet:

View attachment 1785853

BW is making me a modified last/MTM boot. I can recommend all the above makers for your money when considering MTM.

Now for the $2 grand, I wonder about the point of diminishing returns by going to Aurum unless you get some superior fit/material that aren’t available for the Argentum MTM. Even Antonio recommended the Argentum MTM for me. I’ll admit the Aurum prospect is alluring, but maybe our more experienced friends here can chime in on why it’s so special. I also understand that it’ll take considerably longer. Antonio alluded to 40-50 months wait.

Any luck with the Caio pair? Would you be kind to share your thoughts on his construction? The welt looks incredibly clean and the waist disappears while thinning out. I usually see that happening only when it is a blake with faux welt (like the EB with Japanese waist) or when it's a 180 HW with blake waist.

Adhazem

Reaction score
Any luck with the Caio pair? Would you be kind to share your thoughts on his construction? The welt looks incredibly clean and the waist disappears while thinning out. I usually see that happening only when it is a blake with faux welt (like the EB with Japanese waist) or when it's a 180 HW with blake waist.

They are in a DHL box. ETA is Friday. I will report back. I’m excited and cautiously optimistic. Always doubts when ordering first pair from a maker after spending the money and waiting for months. Hahaha.

ajay199127

Reaction score
They are in a DHL box. ETA is Friday. I will report back. I’m excited and cautiously optimistic. Always doubts when ordering first pair from a maker after spending the money and waiting for months. Hahaha.

Is it an MTM with his fancy horse shoe heel?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics