• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the guys who are into shell whole cut Chelsea might be interested in that too, just count me out on any shell...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the Bemer S and J last. I have the Aurum & Bespoke versions of the chisels (I think haha). Chisel 1 is the closest to the S, while the Chisel 2 to the J

What’s your size in Bemer vs AM across various last, haven’t tried Bemer but heard they run narrow? Maybe I should book an appointment with their UES location some time to try sizing

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bemer definitely is more narrow across the toe box. It also has lower toe clearance. So if you have beefier toes, good luck. On the positive, very forgiving in the instep.
I wear the same size as most of the other brands (8.5UK), on their C,J,S lasts.

I would absolutely encourage a visit to the UES location, both for sizing and to get a look at their offerings. A jaw dropping display. As beautiful as I have seen (probably only rivaled by Corthay's & John Lobbs Paris's location).

Ripmoff

Reaction score
I think the guys who are into shell whole cut Chelsea might be interested in that too, just count me out on any shell...

Yeah, i know carmina stopped their line, so if Antonio can make this it wouldn't be to much of a stretch to say he could probably make some Wholecut Chealses as well.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i mailed Antonio Meccariello recently about wether hed be interested in trying to create a pair of seamless cordovan wholecuts. His team responeded that he would be willing to try to see if he could make this, but that he would need some cordovan sent to him. They also asked if anyone would really be interested in buying this if it came out a success, so i thought i'd ask here, where i have learned a whole lot of all i know about shoes and cobblers.

What do you guys think, would anyone be interested in this, also does anyone know of a good place to buy horween cordovan?

You definitely want to cross post over at the shell cordovan non alden shoes and boots thread. I would venture to guess there would be more than a few interested parties in some AM seamless cordovans.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The thing with shell is, yes it can take a beating with rain and snow, but the caveat is it will look like **** afterwards and takes forever to polish back...

The roll is definitely a personal thing some hate it some don’t.

edit hence my reason of going calf over shell all day

spencert

Reaction score
Can show a pics of your shell cordovan shoes with roll? I don't own any and quite curious how they look like.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can show a pics of your shell cordovan shoes with roll? I don't own any and quite curious how they look like.

From a quick search on reddit..Carminas are mines though.
5yZiiFD.jpg
xkL3If5.jpg
zYtYHCt.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads