• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Annie Liebowitz lawsuit

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This isn't exactly new news, but can someone tell me please: how THE **** does a photographer -- even one as famous as AL -- accumulate $24 million in debt????

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teach, it was a perfect storm of really dumb-**** decisons and some really, really bad luck. One of the main culprits was her purchase of two townhouses in Greenwich Village on leverage; she was going to live in one and use the other as her studio. She then proceeded to spend a ton of money on a gut renovation of both buildings (I believe she was also combining them into one structure). As a result of all the construction, her neighbor's property was substantially damaged so that neighbor sued her for $15 million. On top of this real estate mess, she just plain overspent - jetting her lover Susan Sontag all over the world to join her on shoots, traveling with an extensive retinue of retainers, lavishing money on her three children (two born when she was in her early 50s and one born of a surrogate), etc., etc. Moreover, she kept terrible track of her money.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, I understand the logic of it all, but the amount....

...from a photographer...
eek.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
photography is not art.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Oh, I understand the logic of it all, but the amount....

...from a photographer...
eek.gif

She has lost it being high as a kite in her celebrity induced euphoria: 3 Townhouses in Manhattan, Large estate in NY state, apartment in Paris.
She just overextended.

What was really surprising to me is the talk about her portfolio being worth millions. I call BS on that. She is not even going to be remembered as photographer, imho.

Leibovitz is to photography is what James Lipton is to celebrity ass licking.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know how much "bad luck" comes into it. Mostly financial irresponsibility.

Originally Posted by thekunk07
photography is not art.

This is stupid, and repeatedly stating it doesn't make it any smarter.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's not. art is something created from raw materials.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol ,so filmmaking is not art either?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no, it's commerce

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

is this from the dictionary of kunk?

art is different for everyone. What isn't art to you may be art to me.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
only painting, sculpture. everything else is bunk. unless you have no hopes of succeeding at it.

conne's hookups are art.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
conne's hookups are art.

I'll agree this far

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
only painting, sculpture. everything else is bunk. unless you have no hopes of succeeding at it.

sarcasm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads