1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ande Whall Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by knucks, Nov 30, 2006.

1. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

he should be able to offer his jeans at a lower price than APC if they were indeed equal.

I am familiar with APC and AW and the obvious gap in quality. I don't need Teger to educate me on the differences.

lol, wut?

2. whacked

whacked Senior member

I hope xchen is just as drunk as teger. This whole conversation is retarded.

3. xchen

xchen Senior member

In his drunkenness one of his posts didn't really read very clearly. He cleared it up later on so I guess those are out of context.

4. Mushroom77

Mushroom77 Senior member

Getting away from the bickering, a question: Is it possible to order in NZ dollars, then get a pair shipped to Aust?

5. TheNeal

TheNeal New Member

What inseam would be best for a tall skinny dude, who usually wears about a 36'' inseam. I'm looking at getting a pair of the grifters. I was originally thinking of getting the 38'' inseam because of inseam shrinkage. But I was wondering about maybe paying extra for a longer inseam like 40'' . I don't know if they would look good cuffed or not, or if they would stack nicely. I usually wear plain low coat shoes, like plimsolls or adidas sambas. I would like a slimmer look also, so should i size down in the waist? ( my waist is about a 30)

6. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

grifters stack very nicely. rakers i imagine even more so.

7. Chinook

Chinook Senior member

mer.

i am waiting patiently for my grifters to arrive [​IMG]

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

grifters and rakers do stack real nicely from what i tried. the denim is comparable to high end japanese denim. there is a good starched crispiness to the material. dont know about what happens if you wash it though.

9. bob_gnarly

bob_gnarly Senior member

anyone have any experience with the slacker or cougar? I want something similar to a NS cut, not sure if the cougar is too baggy? and the slacker seems to taper quite a bit.

10. Listi

Listi Senior member

What inseam would be best for a tall skinny dude, who usually wears about a 36'' inseam. I'm looking at getting a pair of the grifters. I was originally thinking of getting the 38'' inseam because of inseam shrinkage. But I was wondering about maybe paying extra for a longer inseam like 40'' . I don't know if they would look good cuffed or not, or if they would stack nicely. I usually wear plain low coat shoes, like plimsolls or adidas sambas. I would like a slimmer look also, so should i size down in the waist? ( my waist is about a 30)
    Don't size down, Ande Whall is TIGHT and runs completely true to size. You shouldn't need to size down for slimness, grifters are a very slim cut, I was a little worried they might have too much slack somewhere in them, but this is the fit I ended up with: (My natural waist is about 28", with the rise of the jeans though, where they sit is 29", and I'm wearing a 29x34, I could JUST button them up when I first put them on) http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9...ftasideqn5.jpg Which has loosened up JUST a little bit in the thighs, but still fairly snug, in the few days of wearing them, I love the fit. Sizing down on Ande's is not a good idea, I tried to wear 28x34 rakers and it was a disaster. I couldn't button them up... Cut was phenomenal though, probably absolutely perfect for someone with no ass.

11. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

12. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Don't size down, Ande Whall is TIGHT and runs completely true to size.

You shouldn't need to size down for slimness, grifters are a very slim cut, I was a little worried they might have too much slack somewhere in them, but this is the fit I ended up with:

(My natural waist is about 28", with the rise of the jeans though, where they sit is 29", and I'm wearing a 29x34, I could JUST button them up when I first put them on)

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9...ftasideqn5.jpg

Which has loosened up JUST a little bit in the thighs, but still fairly snug, in the few days of wearing them, I love the fit.

Sizing down on Ande's is not a good idea, I tried to wear 28x34 rakers and it was a disaster. I couldn't button them up... Cut was phenomenal though, probably absolutely perfect for someone with no ass.

That so tight that it looks wrong. [​IMG]

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

For a raker or grifter (and perhaps the cougar) getting your true waist size it still is very snug and slim. I would even recommend going up one size.

14. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

For a raker or grifter (and perhaps the cougar) getting your true waist size it still is very snug and slim. I would even recommend going up one size.
    What about the Slackers, sho'nuff?[​IMG]

15. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Oops i meant slacker. Nevermind cougar

16. shortman506

shortman506 Well-Known Member

which cut is similar or slightly more roomy than the APC rescues

17. Listi

Listi Senior member

That so tight that it looks wrong. [​IMG]

It has already stretched since that picture and will definitely stretch some more, chill. I already have slim straights, I don't need a bunch of jeans that fit me in the exact same way.

18. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

thats a pretty chill look just wondering what footwear is paired with it.

19. Double D

Double D Senior member

Rakers stack like hot sex.

Don't even consider sizing down as said - the thighs on the V4 samples that Ande sent me are tight as hell, and they're a tag size bigger than my true waist.

20. fudgebutt

fudgebutt Well-Known Member

I've had my and wall Slackers since early january... they fit perfectly to my form, are stiff as hell, and feel amazing. I've taken some pics... anyone interested?