1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ande Whall Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by knucks, Nov 30, 2006.

1. xchen

xchen Senior member

+1 on APC cuts being great. The New Standard is probably my favorite cut of all the jeans I know.

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

I wouldn't call a 1-1.5" taper from knee to hem slight. Plus I have small waist and big thighs, so all but the slightest taper would make me look carrot-top. Suppose I'm a hard fit tho, as even the "relaxed" cuts from many makers fit snug on me.

Ya, I reckon all details are personal preference. But there's a reason APC is so popular, even among people who know better denim. Their cuts are great.

the idea of a 'cut' for apc is almost meaningless considering how much the denim stretches in all dimensions

3. whacked

whacked Senior member

the idea of a 'cut' for apc is almost meaningless considering how much the denim stretches in all dimensions

Doesn't DH 19cm denim stretch just as much? [​IMG]

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

Doesn't DH 19cm denim stretch just as much? [​IMG]
    no nothing stretches as much as apc, diors are just vanity sized edit: I'm kind of drunk (two mai tais at dinner to dull the suond of screaming family members children) and I want to say that you are one of my least favorite posters xchen and your polo tattoo isn't funny ironic its just straight retarded. everything about you is contrived, you make workwear look painfully boring and for some reason your waywt posts depress me on some deep, fundamental level, like you unhinge my faith in a positive outlook for the future of humanity.

5. grandmasterv1

grandmasterv1 Member

If only apc didn't stretch.

6. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

edit: I'm kind of drunk (two mai tais at dinner to dull the suond of screaming family members children) and I want to say that you are one of my least favorite posters xchen and your polo tattoo isn't funny ironic its just straight retarded. everything about you is contrived, you make workwear look painfully boring and for some reason your waywt posts depress me on some deep, fundamental level, like you unhinge my faith in a positive outlook for the future of humanity.
    lol merry christmas. APC cuts are great. But yeah, the denim quality, hardware, and detailing on APCs are not worth $150+. The shallow front pockets also really bug me. They were great as an intro to raw denim, but I ended up moving onto 5EPxSF and PRPS after 6 months of good wear. I'll keep them as a beater pair and for sentiment.

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

the cuts are ok, the NS is decent, imo the Rescue is probably the best, but comparing the denim quality to ande whall (who uses cone mill) is some retarded shit. the reason ande whall charges $50 more than APC is becuase he doesn't have to pay for things like lookbooks or advertising or stores and he's not a wholesaler selling to a store that then marks up the product. its like comparing apples and oranges.

8. iroh

iroh Senior member

the cuts are ok, the NS is decent, imo the Rescue is probably the best, but comparing the denim quality to ande whall (who uses cone mill) is some retarded shit. the reason ande whall charges $50 more than APC is becuase he doesn't have to pay for things like lookbooks or advertising or stores and he's not a wholesaler selling to a store that then marks up the product. its like comparing apples and oranges.
    huh? edit: ok, makes sense now

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

huh?

people are comparing ande whall to apc because the price points are similar, but ande whall is able to sell far higher quality denim (cone mill) on an item with hand construction because he has very little overhead (like APC does) and, I'm sure, pretty small margins. ande whall is unique in that basically all of what you're paying him for is the construction of the jean and the materials it's made of

10. xchen

xchen Senior member

Teger, you are a massive tool. Reading your posts proves to me that you don't know jack shit about anything.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

uh how am I wrong? ande whall represents an amazing value in denim (probably comparable to RRL) and comparing him to APC is pretty absurd

12. xchen

xchen Senior member

the reason ande whall charges $50 more than APC is becuase he doesn't have to pay for things like lookbooks or advertising or stores and he's not a wholesaler selling to a store that then marks up the product. its like comparing apples and oranges.

For one, this statement doesn't make any sense. Your logic is obviously wrong. If he isn't paying for lookbooks, overhead, being incorporated, and employees to work for him, then he should be able to offer his jeans at a lower price than APC if they were indeed equal.

13. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Teger has spend the last two pages explaining how they are not equal.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

For one, this statement doesn't make any sense. Your logic is obviously wrong. If he isn't paying for lookbooks, overhead, being incorporated, and employees to work for him, then he should be able to offer his jeans at a lower price than APC if they were indeed equal.

are you kidding? did you even read my posts? my point is that the reason only $50 separates the pricepoint between ande whall (a much higher quality product) and APC (a lesser quality product) is because APC has many ancillary costs that ande doesn't. this small gap leads people to wonder if the two products are comparable.

15. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

16. xchen

xchen Senior member

I am familiar with APC and AW and the obvious gap in quality. I don't need Teger to educate me on the differences.

17. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

I am familiar with APC and AW and the obvious gap in quality. I don't need Teger to educate me on the differences.

its ok, teger does not make any fucking sense in other threads either today

18. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

makes perfect sense to me

are you kidding? did you even read my posts? my point is that the reason only $50 separates the pricepoint between ande whall (a much higher quality product) and APC (a lesser quality product) is because APC has many ancillary costs that ande doesn't. this small gap leads people to wonder if the two products are comparable.

19. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Can't wait for his black denim

20. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

so much christmas spirit in the last two pages.