• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ande Whall Denim

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you guys liking yours? I saw some in the WAYWT thread, but want some better photos? So if you please...
smile.gif

ruach

Reaction score
I have a pair of black Rakers from his older patterns in 29" waist and now a sample pair of his new cut in 28" (was lucky to grab these..) I really love both; especially the pockets of my old ones which have Marimekko fabric that I had sent to him.
inlove.gif

Pictures of the new ones...

awnewfront.jpg

awnewback.jpg

.. and the pockets of my older ones.

awclosepockets.jpg

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
grifters
dcfc0086tx1.jpg
dcfc0087im5.jpg
dcfc0103fd8.jpg
and i will be getting some cougars soon too... ande is the ******* man... buy his jeans. buy his jeans. buy his jeans. buy his jeans. buy his jeans. oh... did i mention... BUY SOME ******* ANDE WHALLS!!!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!!

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
knucks "” I know you've looked at the other SF ande's got a whole thread in the market:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17023

then there's this in the superdenim:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17026

I'm only posting it here so other SFers can see.

I wish he'd go back to some of his more custom options, like the red thread and the pocket linings. Didn't get them back when he had those, because the pants weren't buttonfly. Now they're button-fly, but the options got narrowed down.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since monday afternoon... that was with about 36 hours wear on them

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, i was thinking about getting a pair of grifters after reading the ande whall thread a couple weeks ago, but after seeing the v3 grifters or superstar and cheap, i think i may go with the cougars. They look a bit to tight in the thighs for my comfort. I'm a 31-32waist and 34inseam, but not a fan of the painted look. Ande's looked pretty good after sizing up 1 though. Anyone have pics of the cougars yet?

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ang_kangkong
knucks "” I know you've looked at the other SF ande's got a whole thread in the market:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17023

then there's this in the superdenim:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17026

I'm only posting it here so other SFers can see.

I wish he'd go back to some of his more custom options, like the red thread and the pocket linings. Didn't get them back when he had those, because the pants weren't buttonfly. Now they're button-fly, but the options got narrowed down.

Ya I wish he still offered the thread color. I saw a pair of his jeans w/ red thread, look amazing

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on how slick cmf's grifters look (those butts'll kill ya, though - take it from a just-quit zealot).

Aren't Ande's prices like crazy cheap, too?

My only question is if he can accomodate my buy-several-sizes-and-return (with tags!) fetish...

Ande?

Edit: never mind about the cost question; I should have bothered reading the damn SF thread first...

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no... he cuts and sews to order, so you cant buy many sizes. he does have a very detailed sizing chart tho, and they are true to size,and do not shrink at all
Originally Posted by chronoaug
. Anyone have pics of the cougars yet?
hopefully in a few weeks... hes sending me a pair to take some photos of, for good sizing comparison.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
+1 on how slick cmf's grifters look (those butts'll kill ya, though - take it from a just-quit zealot).

Aren't Ande's prices like crazy cheap, too?

Crazy cheap? Considering you get the guy who designed it to put in each and every stitch? Every rivet and button? Instead of some wage slave who couldn't care less about what they're doing...? How much would you pay if Ralph Lipschitz made your jeans for you?

Better stop, I'm talking myself into getting one of these things.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ang_kangkong
Crazy cheap? Considering you get the guy who designed it to put in each and every stitch? Every rivet and button? Instead of some wage slave who couldn't care less about what they're doing...? How much would you pay if Ralph Lipschitz made your jeans for you? Better stop, I'm talking myself into getting one of these things.
Sorry; to clarify: yes, his prices are crazy cheap - I meant never mind my asking, because I confirmed it reading the SF thread you linked to. I'm pretty sure I'm in... Edit: Also, the no stretching/shrinking thing leaves me confident enough to just bite the bullet and order. More edit: Just waiting to see picks of the Cougars; Grifters look killer. And you gotsta to love a shop that's Kiwi-owned and operated.

smw356

Reaction score
whats the rise like on the grifters?

edit: nevermind I found the size charts

andewhall

Reaction score
Hey cool, an AW Denim thread. Thanks for the kind words guys. Photos are coming, just gotta get the new face of aw (cheap) some Cougars, and Hap some rakers etc.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aww I wish I could have been chosen as a face of aw
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield