Analyze my stomach burning.

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Shiny, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

For the past couple of days I've had a strange slight burning stomach. I'm still eating, but don't get too hungry. It kinda feels bloated too. Im still pooping regularly, but my poop is sort of runt-like. Not the full size logs I usually drop that give me that "I'm alright feeling."

Also, I'm trying to eat easy to digest foods or snacks, but I end up burping a lot. For example, I had an apple about an hour ago and it made me burp. That never happens. It's not stomach poisoning, I'm sure, but I just can't shake it. Any ideas?

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Low grade stomach bug. It will go away eventually.

3. Althis

Althis Senior member

this is prime material for a parody threak

4. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Eat some yogurt for the probiotics. Doesn't sound serious but you may want ot get it checked.

5. OakCreekHitter

OakCreekHitter Senior member

mild stomach flu
    nothing to worry about. you will end up farting it out

6. Sesame Seed

Sesame Seed Senior member

7. Officer Of The Watch

Officer Of The Watch Member

I had the same type of problem except it lasted for a year, turns out I have GERD. Shitty deal for me. I doubt you have that, but a doctor might be a good place to start if it lasts more then a week.

8. CCAurora

CCAurora Active Member

It is very easy to figure out the problem. Ignore the ridiculous replies ITT about bugs... please...

Every time you feel digestive discomfort, conduct a very quick "Xiphoid Tip Test." Start by sitting with a bit of a slouch so your abdominal muscles are relaxed. Put your finger at the Xiphoid (where your ribcage meets at the bottom) and run your hand down about 2" to the point of your ribcage on each side (where it stops going down and starts to go across). Apply moderate, circling pressure on each tip.

If the left tip is sore, you have a hydrochloric acid deficiency (or, more specifically, need more HCL to digest whatever is giving you trouble); if the right tip is sore, you have an enzyme deficiency. There are plenty of supplement companies that provide healthy, whole food supplements that either give you said HCL/enzymes or that stimulate your body to produce more. Don't waste your money and health on meds or Tums.

This test was common in doctor's offices back before med schools were bought out by drug companies. You can do it after every meal to know exactly how your digestive system is reacting to everything you eat.

9. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

CCAurora,
    It's definately my left side that gives me slight pain when I did your test. Thanks. I'm still eating, but trying to stick to easy to digest foods. Last night I had some chicken soup. Today, a sandwich. Hard to tell if the burning in my stomach is from hunger or not.

10. AlmostFullBenefits

AlmostFullBenefits Senior member

If you are still having pain, go see a doctor. It does sound more like a digestion problem than any infection.

11. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Just an update on my condition: Feeling better. Although I never was bowled over in pain. I didn't miss a day of work, for example. After my original post, I went on a mostly BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). Now, I've moved on to a "bland diet" (look it up on google).

I pretty much eat the same stuff every day so I may have stumbled on a food that set this off. It was a "bacon/gouda cheese" sandwich from Starbucks. I think SBUX just started selling these. I met someone there a day before I started feeling this way and ordered it. I think that some cheeses are difficult to digest or maybe it was their kind of bacon. I thought that the SBUX sandwich was a close approximation of an egg mcmuffin...wrong!

Now, my hunger correlates with eating. I do want to check into those HCI supplements. Anyone know who has them cheap?

About 5 years ago, I had the same thing, which my wife reminded me of. The dr. prescribed something for an acidy stomach. Or, maybe a lack of acid in stomach? That doctor has since retired so I couldn't call her. I looked in my medicine cabinet and couldn't find that medicine. Must have thrown it out. I would think that HCI supplements would be better than any presciption meds.

12. AlmostFullBenefits

AlmostFullBenefits Senior member

About 5 years ago, I had the same thing, which my wife reminded me of. The dr. prescribed something for an acidy stomach. Or, maybe a lack of acid in stomach? That doctor has since retired so I couldn't call her. I looked in my medicine cabinet and couldn't find that medicine. Must have thrown it out. I would think that HCI supplements would be better than any presciption meds.

Taking any supplement that boosts Hydrochloric acid (HCl) production without needing it, or worse, having the opposite problem could lead to serious problems.

Eating 1 bad sandwich, unless it was an e.coli warhead, won't typically cause pain (without vomiting/nausea) that lasts for days.

Glad you're feeling better though. The digestion problem might have been due to the change in diet, which should serve as a reminder not to follow crazy diets. Ever.

13. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

heartburn from too much MSG. i didnt read your post but thats my guess based on topic

14. IamKris

IamKris Member

I'd rather you spend a few to go see a doctor. Better sure than sorry.

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member