• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Interview with B&Tailor

the honor roll

Reaction score
They thought you were a 42, but ended up a 48? That's a huge difference!

Those pics look great. Wish I could try them.

Haha well, like I said, their numbers are in-house measurements, so it's not as crazy as it sounds.

And please pass the photo compliments to Mr. Ha; he happily agreed to shoot while I tried on.

npdef

Reaction score
I plan to visit Seoul very soon. What's the best way to reach someone at B&Tailor for a commission?

JLopez

Reaction score
Very nice, I want to buy the same knit collar in blue but just trying to figure out the right size.

Which size did you buy and what are your measurements??

Thanks!!

JLopez

Reaction score
I am 1,82 cm and 75 kg and I was considering M size so not sure if take L size better seing your pictures....

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The following points summarized from an email exchange with John Lee, B&Tailor agent in NYC. Friendly, responsive and helpful guy. I just tried NSM for a MTM SC, so I am not sure if I have a need to give this a try next month or so, but it is on the short list for sure.

• B&Tailor is in the process of putting together an MTM (not bespoke) service for the U.S. market, based out of New York.
  • B&Tailor has developed an MTM pattern based on its "house" style and is in the midst of finalizing some details on it. They expect to take orders in the U.S. this fall, probably late October/November.
  • Initially, they will be offering fittings by appointment in the New York metro area, and doing it via trunk shows in other cities if there is sufficient level of interest.
  • John will be taking measurements, he says has been trained by Master Tailor Park and has had input into the MTM program. For the most part, the MTM garments will be machine made with some hand finishing. Manufacturing will take place at B&Tailor's facility in Seoul and be made by B&Tailor folks. Put another way, MTM manufacturing is not being outsourced. I pressed him on this issue b/c my experience says it is the biggest risk factor.
  • As for process, they don't expect it to differ from what is a typical MTM process, where there will be an initial "fitting" with the customer involving measurements, try on garments, fabric and detail choices, etc. Information from that meeting will be sent to B&Tailor. Based on that information, B&Tailor will manufacture the garment at their atelier in Seoul. Currently, they expect the time frame from order to final delivery of the finished garment from B&Tailor to be 6 to 8 weeks. If any minor adjustments need to be made to the garment, they will be done locally -- i.e., in New York
  • Pricing has not been set yet.
  • John Lee’s can be reached at John Lee, Notice of Appearance, +1 917 691 4129, [email protected]

02///M3

Reaction score

The following points summarized from an email exchange with John Lee, B&Tailor agent in NYC.  Friendly, responsive and helpful guy.  I just tried NSM for a MTM SC, so I am not sure if I have a need to give this a try next month or so, but it is on the short list for sure.

Awesome, thanks for this. I'm in NYC and was just about to reach out to John and ask for all this info. Hopefully the mainly machine made aspect will keep the prices somewhat reasonable.

Torsion

Reaction score

The following points summarized from an email exchange with John Lee, B&Tailor agent in NYC.  Friendly, responsive and helpful guy.  I just tried NSM for a MTM SC, so I am not sure if I have a need to give this a try next month or so, but it is on the short list for sure.

Thanks for posting - I also reached to John but was not as thoughtful as your good self to post his response :) I am interested to see how their MTM will turn out and will be good to see some examples in NYC

Thorn Proof

Reaction score
I guarantee that if 20 suits is the decision point , that's 5 guys at 2 per guy. I want two minimum. Please do USA. Mr Park.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads