1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

An Interview with B&Tailor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 26, 2014.

1. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Shoot John an email. Very prompt in response. I inquired about MTM pricing, and going off that, 3k seems a good bet.

2. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

3k bespoke, and MtM?

3. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior member

Where can I find more info on their trunk show schedule (London and Sweden most relevant for me)? Can't find anything on their website. Thanks

4. Mark Lee Jin Yi

Mark Lee Jin Yi Senior member

Hi! Robin Petterson will be here in London 21/22 October. Going for my first fitting:)

5. cakv

cakv Senior member

These suits look great. Do all of them have a high button stance like the one the father is pictured wearing in the OP?

6. Solari

Solari Senior member

What details would you guys recommend for a nice bespoke sports jacket from B&Tailor?

7. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Depends on what you have already that you like, what you want, and what, if anything, you need. Tell us a bit more about your situation, since what would be right for me (or any of us) might not be the best bet for you.

I tend to prefer 3-roll-2 lapels and have sportcoats/suit jackets with all four common pocket arrangements (jetted, flapped, patch, and patch-with-flap). Fabric and intended use would determine which of those I'd recommend.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  8. Solari

Solari Senior member

Thanks. So. I've got two MTM sports jackets from Suit Supply - one medium grey and then a summery one that's blue with light blue checks. In terms of suits I have a bespoke Rubinacci suit in a nice blue wool and then a MTM medium grey one from the Row... then several other RTW ones.

So since I want a bespoke sports jacket now, I'm leaning towards a blue one that I can wear all year round. I want it to be relatively relaxed but not too relaxed. I live in London... not on the Med. I definitely like the idea of 3-roll-2 because it's on the Rubinacci jacket and I love it! But I'm open to ideas for other colours etc.

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Navy sport coat will be your best best for versatility!

10. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

You can e-mail him for appointments at robin@rp-tailor.com.

11. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

Any details on how the trunk show went? Anyone here got anything made? Think I might be interested in the future, or perhaps I'll try fit a time in HK or just go to Seoul one day. All good options it feels.

12. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Damn, they'll be at Pitti Uomo when I'm in Seoul next summer.

13. Torsion

Torsion Senior member

Was a pleasure meeting John,Changwoo and Changjin (taking the photo)
    Just scouting this time,really loved talking to them and understanding what the B&T offering is about.Some very fine stitching/hand work. Their pant construction is supreme.
    Now to save up for the next trunk!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    5 people like this.