• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bathiel

Reaction score
What size should I get for the Mora 2.0's if a 7E on the 65 last is tight around the vamp due to a high instep?

I can actually size down to 6.5, I have about an inch from the tip of my toes to the front of the shoe (yes, I have tiny feet).

Should I do 6.5 EE or EEE?

Edit:
Just realized they do not offer EE or EEE for them. But 6.5EEE is on shoebank. Why is that?

I take an 8.5D on most AEs (including 65), and for the Mora 2.0, I sized down a half but kept the width the same and they fit great. I did try a half size down and up to an E, but it was definitely too loose. I also have somewhat of a high instep, as I find some of the bals difficult to tighten to an acceptable V-gap.

Bernie

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Post work

LL
They looked much better before. They don't even look like shell after. They were burgundy shell and he used something brown on them??? Makes no sense.
Thanks all for the feedback. The more I looked at them, the angrier I got. I took them back and told him to get them back to the way they were before and I will see what happens.

Dario65

Reaction score
In wet, dark, cold December my new Sauk Drives have become my "go to" boot. My Danners and Red Wings are sitting on the shelf. Danners are more comfortable but Sauk Drives are comfy enough and look so much better. So I need add something to the rotation. Already have Bellevues on the way. For rubber sole I'm considering Long Branch, Dalton, and First Ave. First Ave is appealing because of the plain toe vs. the winged Sauks, but I would not mind another wing tip boot. Any opinions on fit and comfort between these three?

Leaning toward the LB because of the sole, chromexel, and presumed comfort.

Last edited:

rpearlberg

Reaction score
Someone recently expressed interest in a pair of natural tan McTavish so I thought I'd post a pic of my two-year old pair. These were recently treated with Renomat and went through one recraft (AE mistakenly put on a single sole instead of the double oak sole). They have been treated only with saddle soap over the years:

Same shoes from a year ago:

Hit my beloved Jeffersons with some Renovater (sp?), AE neutral cream polish, and Saphir neutral wax polish on the toe box:

Same process for my tan Ashbury's but used AE walnut cream polish:

Also some pics of a few other AE's I love:

My Amoks. For their first recraft I think I'm going to get the original Mojave sole

Long Branch:

what did you put on the Long Branch?

shoelover

Reaction score
Love these shoes!

Scarlet

Reaction score
Went to an antiques mall today and found some AE shoes, a pair of Merlot Park Aves in 12D and some badly scuffed corrected-grain Kingswoods in 13AAA. I've never found second-hand AEs in person before, let alone anywhere close to my size, but sadly neither of these were still a good fit. I still thought it was a cool find.

Scottyb06

Reaction score
what did you put on the Long Branch?

The picture was taken shortly after receiving them and not having conditioned with anything. Since that time I've used Leather Honey and more recently Sahpir Renovator. The hold up extremely well and the color maintains over time. Extremely comfortable as well. Also, and if it might be hard to tell in the picture, these are simply brown leather and not CXL leather.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
The picture was taken shortly after receiving them and not having conditioned with anything. Since that time I've used Leather Honey and more recently Sahpir Renovator. The hold up extremely well and the color maintains over time. Extremely comfortable as well. Also, and if it might be hard to tell in the picture, these are simply brown leather and not CXL leather.

Thanks. I have a pair of the brown LB's and haven't done anything to them in about 2 years. I have the HDLP that I was about apply, but should I do something else first?

P12OFIT

Reaction score
That makes 2 of us... although, they are on Shoebank for $249 right now.

I have a hard time justifying Shoebank purchases because if I wait for a sale my SA tends to hook me up and I can get my shoes for less than Shoebank prices. I almost bought the Mora 2.0s during the RDA sale but had just made a couple significant purchases at the time so I decided to hold off.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

... For rubber sole I'm considering Long Branch, Dalton, and First Ave. First Ave is appealing because of the plain toe vs. the winged Sauks, but I would not mind another wing tip boot. Any opinions on fit and comfort between these three? 

You are leaning the right way. Very comfy. I give them my unqualified recommendation.

Buster Brown

Reaction score

In wet, dark, cold December my new Sauk Drives have become my "go to" boot. My Danners and Red Wings are sitting on the shelf. Danners are more comfortable but Sauk Drives are comfy enough and look so much better. So I need add something to the rotation. Already have Bellevues on the way. For rubber sole I'm considering Long Branch, Dalton, and First Ave. First Ave is appealing because of the plain toe vs. the winged Sauks, but I would not mind another wing tip boot. Any opinions on fit and comfort between these three? 

Long Branch in golden brown CXL FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads