• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the appeal of the Dundee over other chukkas such as Alden's? legit question, I'm unsure and haven't tried them on before so I'm just wondering.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the appeal of the Dundee over other chukkas such as Alden's? legit question, I'm unsure and haven't tried them on before so I'm just wondering.

AE has 3 eyelts which many prefer as it seems if your fit is not perfect with the Alden version the 2 eyelets do not give enough secure the shoe...At least that is from what I could gather.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Possibly, there is less of a transition. Also I think it could be that angle too.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, he did say there is an 11E Walnut shell Dalton in inventory. . .

Apparently, the walnut Dalton is in Serravalle, Italy and out of reach to us in the US. Too bad, since I may have been able to squeeze into it! It is a factory second, btw. Worth a trip to Italy???

I was able to nab a pair of burgundy shell Dundees! Let's see what shape they are in.

Last edited:

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you nab those Dundees on eBay or through a seconds sale?
I'll tell you on September 11.
mwink[1].gif

evilWagon

Reaction score
Whoever just scooped the 15D Malvern and Brown Shell Dundee... kudos you just beat me.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoever just scooped the 15D Malvern and Brown Shell Dundee... kudos you just beat me.

fight[1].gif

The Dundees are enroute to recrafting.

Those Malverns at $127 were also a steal for someone.

I'd grab those burgundy Bradleys for $325 asap, they cannot last.

850csi

Reaction score
CAN SOMEONE PM ME WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!
baldy[1].gif

but seriously, been eying a pair of long branches that are currently $199 and didn't budge on labor day... will I be able to get 'em cheaper soon?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
baldy[1].gif

but seriously, been eying a pair of long branches that are currently $199 and didn't budge on labor day... will I be able to get 'em cheaper soon?

I had been eyeing a pair of Long Branches for a long time, and they were stuck at $199 throughout all the sales I saw. I finally pulled the trigger and bought a pair at that price, and I can't wait until the weather is appropriate to wear them.

I'm on the fence about how to care for them/treat them. I applied a little conditioner cleaner when they first arrived. I'm sure the saddle soap or leather lotion by AE are good too. I have some Obenauf's HDLP, but I'm not sure I want to use it since I don't want to make the leather darker (I got the dark brown model).

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E Fans,

For a limited time, dark brown shell Townley's are being offered at $575 vs. $650 MSRP. This makeup is extremely rare and it's not a current stock model. However, Paul will only honor this price and makeup if we are able to gather 12 backers. So far we have about 10, with one on the fence (he will back if there's 11). For those who are interested, just sign up to this survey and indicate your interest to get this GMTO moving forward.

I believe this is on the 511 last, so take TTS.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ae-sf-orderconfirmation

Last edited:

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
baldy[1].gif

I was able to pick up a pair at the 2 for $299 sale in August. Occasionally, they're 15% off (last week for either wide or narrow widths, I believe). Other than that, they're at $199.

I love my Long Branches. I'd buy a second pair at $199 in a heart beat if they pop up in my size.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AE Fans,

For a limited time, dark brown shell Townley's are being offered at $575 vs. $650 MSRP. This makeup is extremely rare and it's not a current stock model. However, Paul will only honor this price and makeup if we are able to gather 12 backers. So far we have about 10, with one on the fence (he will back if there's 11). For those who are interested, just sign up to this survey and indicate your interest to get this GMTO moving forward.

I believe this is on the 511 last, so take TTS.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ae-sf-orderconfirmation

Here here! If they came with those bags I'd get two :)

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to pick up a pair at the 2 for $299 sale in August. Occasionally, they're 15% off (last week for either wide or narrow widths, I believe). Other than that, they're at $199.

I love my Long Branches. I'd buy a second pair at $199 in a heart beat if they pop up in my size.
I agree. I wish I had gotten the waxy brown. I was able to get a sweet deal on 1sts. Wore them today actually.

The new ones are CXL I believe and the Gumlite lug sole. much softer and lighter. Though I like the full Vibram. May never need to be resoled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads