• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score

My 2 for $250 selection: brown shaker heights and brown distressed pine rivers. Both shoes were never on my radar at MSRP but with the sale, I thought they would be good buys. My wife loves the shakers, thinks I should get more mixed media shoes. The pine river on the other hand isn't her favorite, the buckles are killing her.

My opinion on the shakers are that they are great, very soft leather and awesome design. The pine rivers are a stretch out of my comfort zone but I feel they will work great casually.

evilWagon

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-NOS-Vi...1617546?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1e893ede0a

Hey guys, I was looking at this shoe.

I am currently wearing a long branch in size 15D and it seems pretty comfortable.. How would a size 15C on this #6 last compare? I'm highly considering buying this shoe, because as you can imagine it is nearly impossible to find quality shoes in my size, and this seems like a steal.

Thanks.

I hope you bought them, I was looking at them and had I know they would have only gone for $75 I'd have grabbed them for sure.

The Riverhead outlet had them in my size! I wear a 15 (or, on occasion, 14D), so it might be that seconds and discontinued shoes remain in outlets longer because there are fewer customers who wear that size. The downside to wearing that is that many makers don't go that large, except for special orders.

I don't believe it, two 15D'ers posting within an hour of each other, I thought I was the only one and had a lock on the sweet 15D sale shoes. Bespoke; you scooped me on those Daltons, they're Chili right? I'd emailed the shoebank about them and called a day later when I didn't get a response but they were already gone. I'm still happy with my Brown CXL Bayfields I scooped last year.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Allen-Edmonds MTO McWhatevers. I thought they were McAllisters, but in the MTO thread, someone thought that they were McTavishes, so I have decided to call them McGillicuddys (Lucy Ricardo's maiden name). They are Horween English Tan Dublin Leather with brass eyelets and black Dainite soles......
Wow. Those look amazing in the sunlight. Dang. -M

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I would love your assistance. I have the McTavish in natural wax leather (4035) and really like them. Having said that, could anyone compare the color of these to natural chromexcel? I'm considering getting some Alden natural xcl longwings, but I'm wondering if the color of these would be too similar to my natural wax McTavish. Thanks in advance!
I have Alden's natty CXL and the Natural Waxed McTavish.
2 different types of leather completely. The color is definitely more grey toned on the Natural CXL.
The Natural CXL is much softer.

dancingbear

Reaction score
I hope you bought them, I was looking at them and had I know they would have only gone for $75 I'd have grabbed them for sure.

I don't believe it, two 15D'ers posting within an hour of each other, I thought I was the only one and had a lock on the sweet 15D sale shoes. Bespoke; you scooped me on those Daltons, they're Chili right? I'd emailed the shoebank about them and called a day later when I didn't get a response but they were already gone. I'm still happy with my Brown CXL Bayfields I scooped last year.

Can I join the party? I has a closet full of AE 15D. Although as the years have gone by I have grown into a 15E sometimes depending on the last.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I join the party? I has a closet full of AE 15D. Although as the years have gone by I have grown into a 15E sometimes depending on the last.
It's always about size with you people.....I am taking my 13D & E's and going home....

cincikid

Reaction score
Yes, actually they do. Quite a bit. Wonder if there was some inspiration sourced from the JCrews.
I wouldn't be surprised if the folks from the F.S.C. drew an inspiration from J.Crew, and honestly J.Crew's version is so cool that I don't blame them. AE made those for F.S.C. in 2011 or 2012 and J.Crew had been stocking Alden for at least a few years before then.

nhindian

Reaction score
Got my 2-for-$250s in...

Haight in brown and Katmai's.

Gotta send the Katmai's back.. too narrow in the toebox. Hopefully a 10.5D->11D will be a little better. They didn't have any 10.5E :/

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I returned my brogue strands and decided to keep the navy strands. They felt fine for the 3 or so hours I was wearing them in the afternoon.

The ae reps at the store I was in were super nice! They forgot to credit me tax back and gave me a pair of socks to make it up.

evilWagon

Reaction score

Can I join the party?  I has a closet full of AE 15D.  Although as the years have gone by I have grown into a 15E sometimes depending on the last. 

I was about to say I don't believe it, but it stands to reason that if you're tired of wasting money on cemented shoes you'd find AE and if you wanted further info that you'd find this thread like I did. I should start a.new thread for us tall/big footed people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members