1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

2. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

I polished my walnut Rogues with Saphir medium brown cream and wax, and I love how it came out...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Rubik1014

Rubik1014 Senior member

Did you know they are on discounted clearance through today? Just making sure you knew you were up against the clock.

Thanksfully they are out of my size in both, as I was almost tempted to add a pair of either on top of the Duggans I already bought this month.

4. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

All of the great recent AE family shots have inspired me to do an updated one of my own:

[​IMG]

(top row, l-r) black shell Rutledge, burgundy shell Cambridge, deep dark brown shell Townley, merlot/black calf Shelton, walnut/brown calf Shelton, russet Dublin Wolverine Krause, "No. 449" shell Wolverine 744 LTD

(2nd row, l-r) burgundy shell Dalton, oxblood calf Dalton, walnut shell Dalton, bourbon calf Dalton, black shell Dundee, burgundy shell Dundee, cappuccino shell Dundee, Fastball with Cincinnati Reds logo

(3rd row, l-r) all Leeds - black shell, burgundy shell, russet Dublin, brown shell, golden brown CXL, natural CXL, navy shell, green shell

(bottom row, l-r) all MacNeil - black shell, black CXL, burgundy shell, BB chili grain calf, brown shell, brown CXL, natural shell

Not pictured are several pairs I'm currently offering for sale (check my profile, all you 9.5Es out there [​IMG] ). I've already done a fair amount of pruning and the ones I have left are really my core rotation. And, with a few exceptions (maybe an MTO Rogue, and/or a good second of a burgundy shell Bradley, and/or maybe an SWB or two if they *ever* come out), this should remain pretty stable for the foreseeable future.

2 people like this.
  5. RVA19

RVA19 Active Member

Those look great! Taking a hard look at these now. Which laces are those?

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

JVille is the BEST. So glad Kristle is back.

7. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

Good to hear. Kelsey answered the phone and helped me on this order. Hopefully she is as good as the famed Kristle.

8. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Thanks! The red laces are actually extras that came with my Gobis, that I recently bought.

9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@LEgoiste

Those are stunning....congrats

@halfnhalfnhalf

Wow that is great
    .. can not believe is that the oxblood that pops out like that?

10. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

@halfnhalfnhalf Amazing collection!

11. rostov

rostov Senior member

I'm surprised how similar the Oxblood and Russet Dublin look in this photo. For some reason, I never gave it much thought before. How do they compare in person?

12. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Wow!

Too bad your left foot is missing out on all that gorgeous shoe action. [​IMG]

13. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Winged shoes FTW!

14. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

@halfnhalfnhalf - beautiful collection!

15. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

First - jealous of the McAdam - they ran out of my size and I totally would have taken this over the Dalton.

Second - lacing? Absolute pain in the ass. I just unlace them almost all the way every single time. If I only do the first few at the top, the laces always become super-uneven and then constantly become untied during the day (which still happens quite a lot actually).

You should see the lacing on the Redwing Beckmans with the parachute cord - with the waxed laces they came with, you could get away with unlacing the first few at the top and it wasn't so bad, but with the parachute cord they constantly become undone.

Speedhooks are your friend....

16. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

The Lord will tell you to wear them with Khakis. I just couldn't see it myself and decided not to get either, at least for now.

17. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

1. Hmm - don't know what you're looking for, but maybe you should just go for the firsts. I could essentially acquire 8 2nds for the price of two firsts if I wanted to

2. Not giving out any more comments on SAs - I'm retired from that business

3. No - they might happen to have more things like Parks, Strands, etc. in your size which in turn will be more widely available.

I second what rocket and others have said - you need to call them directly. Sending the email without a phone call is a waste of time - they will probably respond to you by the time flying cars have been invented.

18. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

This collection is truly outstanding - kicking myself for missing out on the Kiowa and Ridgeway, I know I would love them both. You absolutely owe it to yourself to get the Black Hills - I love em every day of the week.

19. BillyBee

BillyBee Member

I have these in Black. They are an amazing shoe. I could wear them into combat they are built so well. Yes, they came out fantastic. Great job. Beautiful color.

20. rostov

rostov Senior member

@Roycru - I hadn't noticed before how shiny your Ridgeways are. 'Ive been simply conditioning... by default, the Cognac Dublin isn't nearly that shiny. Have you been polishing these?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.