• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
which boots would look best in suede?

Fifth Street, Promontory Point, Bayfield, Eagle County, Mcadam...?

The fifth street or Mcadam would look pretty slick in my opinion. The promontory point could be cool too.

Also, would a suede cronmok be possible? I wonder what the unstructured suede boot would look like.

AIK1891

Reaction score

which boots would look best in suede?

Fifth Street, Promontory Point, Bayfield, Eagle County, Mcadam...?

The fifth street or Mcadam would look pretty slick in my opinion. The promontory point could be cool too.

Also, would a suede cronmok be possible? I wonder what the unstructured suede boot would look like.

I spoke with Allison two weeks ago about a Black Wax Infused (from the McTavish) MTO Cronmok, and at the time she mentioned a suede could also be done.

I think Cronmok would be my first choice among boots for a suede … I just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet because I'm torn between the 5-65 last Cronmok and the 4-234 last Banchory for my next suedes.
(I'm planning to post a picture tonight of the Strandmoks I'm wearing today for some last shape / foot shape feedback)

I'd also thought about the McAdam but there was just some strong negative feedback on it, and I have, and am happy with, the Cronmok.

BCer

Reaction score
I've got a pair of football Neumoks and a pair of Brooks Brother chukka boots in football leather. The only product I've used on them was the AE leather lotion and I don't recall much, if any color coming off the shoes. I didn't really care that much if the color of the football leather changed though, so I didn't pay close attention to it. For what it's worth, I've used liberal amounts of the leather lotion on the shoes and have not really noticed much difference in the color of the uppers.

Thanks for that. And while I'm reading your reply, I'm thinking I may have lightly tried my Saphir Rejeuvenator, not AE Lotion. The Lotion's probably milder, so I'll go to town with that as you suggest. Thanks!

Shiny

Reaction score

pomofo

Reaction score
My second MTO. Heritage golf shoe with Dark Brown Burnished Calf and Bitter Chocolate Suede. Red leather lining and JR sole. Came in while I was on vacation, I haven't even had a chance to try them on yet.

pudman43

Reaction score
Just rec'd my dark brown Mora 2.0 seconds, and wow what a beautiful shoe. As a bonus, there was nary a flaw on the pair.....sadly, they did not fit. Made an educated guess on the last (same as Delray), but was off in both length and width. Crap! They're going back, hopefully replacement pair will be fine. Pics when I get the new pair. J

anrobit

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, there is still a pair of walnut shell strands in 9E in the Boston AE store. They're begging to be worn by someone.

AIK1891

Reaction score
After having them out for pictures the other day, I decided to keep my Strandmoks out and wear them today. The day was longer than usual because I got up early for the library and have class until 7:30pm. Surprisingly, I had a twinge of nerve inflamation by mid-afternoon and went back to my apartment for a while to have them off. So I decided to snap a picture showing some of my fitting hardships.

This pair is an 11EEE. You can see how my big toe only slightly reaches into the cap area, yet the smallest/outside toe is still bulging out the side of the shoe. I like these, but I think they will not last very long; they've only been worn < 20 times in the nine or so months I've had them but they already have the stretched-out side bulge still impressed after they are removed. My leather Cronmoks seem to be holding up much better. I'm still undecided what to go with for future unstructured suede MTOs: Cronmok boots which I like, or Banchorys which are on a broader last.

Anyone else have any similar fitting issues?

• {btw: a "thank you" goes out to Paul at AE who last year had seen similar discussions I had in threads at AAAC and direct messaged me and got me started on the way with AE and MTOs}
  • {{p.p.s. when I refer to nerve problem, it's "plantar neuroma" a/k/a "Morton's neuroma." Mostly from too many years of constricting ice hockey skates (parents, buy your kids ones that fit!). I've had surgery to remove nerves from my right foot which eliminates the pain (along with all feeling), but it's a tough recovery and I want to delay the left foot for as long as possible ... perfect fitting & comfortable footware is a mega priority for me}}

NicNac

Reaction score
How would the Strand fit in relation to the Dalton? Looking at the Brooks Bros version of the Strand and from my understanding it has the Poron insole. How would that affect fit?

Thanks!

evilWagon

Reaction score
I like how with the sales we point out shoes that are still available in the hopes someone else will snap them up and remove the temptation. I've been sitting on the shell Leeds and Cambridges in my size for over a week for fear that I'll call up they'll have neglible flaws and I'll end up ordering both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members