• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
I'm literally sitting here waiting for Fedex to deliver this same shoe. I have Park Ave in Bourbon, 5th Ave Walnut, Parkway in Blk, and now these will make a nice addition! I have the same belt in walnut and bourbon. Best belt ever! Got the rutledges for $229 from the sale

Congrats trev230 on the new gear!!! The Rutledge (333-Last) likes my foot! Here's my Larchmont (another 333-Last shoe) and Manistee belt in bourbon:

The bourbon belt is actually my favorite of the two, but I have more to wear with walnut (I don't want it to get too creasy from regular wear, though!)... A burgundy/merlot belt and I'm good.

...Patience is a virtue trev! I am beginning the 8-10 week wait for Eagle County MTO today; I hope my makeup is acceptable: Chili calf, extra burnish, V-Tread (my 'Topy guy' made a good point - the lug sole DOES hold on to water, salt, etc...), no speed lacing, split reverse black welt, wheeled edge, transparent brown dressing . Want it to be 'smart casual' styled; slightly more casual than the Dalton, but more dressy than the Long Branch... I haven't heard/seen this setup yet. Fingers crossed...

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
If anyone was wondering the same thing as me. Independence shoes are not part of the 2 for $250. Not terribly surprising I guess. In addition, they called the 2 for $250 nothing more than an 'internet rumour' at this point... that being said, I can't think of a time when this thread was wrong with predicting sales.

I have a strong feeling we wont know about the 2 for $250 sale until right before it starts. Smart on their part, sucks for us shoe hungry gentlemen.

BL70

Reaction score
Disappointed but decided to return my first AE purchase (black Harrison's) to amazon. I had noticed the left was slightly looser than the right but seemed manageable at first. Today I had more time to wear them around the house and the left heel was moving too much even with laces pulled as tight as possible. They were a great price so would be willing to try another pair but they are no longer in stock. Now thinking about picking a pair up from the seconds sale instead. I am hoping it's the shoes and not my feet, but I never had noticed unevenness in any other shoes I've owned.

Waiting for delivery of my brooks brother fifth avenues from the seconds sale. Hope I have better luck with those :)

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Whats the average discount you guys have been seeing during this current sale?

I was given the inventory/price list prior to the sale so I dont have the sale prices, but they mentioned 15-50% off. Is it more likely to be 15% off?
I wondered if it was inventory based; the stuff that is discounted the most is probably in shortest supply, or in random sizes - most of what was listed in the announcement wasn't available in my size. Would have liked to see mora 2.0 on the list, etc... As far as purchase discounts, $299 from $650 sounds like 54% to me all day. $229 from $389 is 45-ish%... Looks like the average savings is....hmmm...carry the '1'... about half. Excellent!!!
teacha.gif

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The players is on the 2 last, which is one of AE's most narrow lasts. Any shoe on the 2 last would have a similar profile.

I find the 8-108 sleek. Have you tried those?

So getting a little off topic here but you've touched on something I am curious about. I frequent the bar scene and sometimes wear my AE's and the next morning am very disappointed in my lack of judgement in shoe selection. I've gone back to wearing old sneakers. For those around here that hit the bars occasionally, what is the shoe of choice to look sharp but you won't care too much if they get dinged up a lot. I'm seriously taking a look at putting down a $20 investment in some crap eBay shoes or something... Suggestions?

I typically try to wear leathers that are not meant to shine up, e.g., scotch grain, distressed leathers, pull up leathers like CXL.

BCer

Reaction score
Anyone with football leather Neumoks or Promontory Points hopefully have some input here? I have both in football leather, and am wondering about care for them. As mine are very new, I'm only brushing at this point. Thought I'd try the AE Leather Lotion on one of the heel panels to check it out, and it seemed to remove quite a bit of brown die on the cloth, and turned the leather quite reddish. So I stopped there. Haven't thought to see if the reddish tint resolved itself over time...I will. But I wondered what anyone else is using, and the results. The leather looks as though it might be quite dry, but I'm afraid of going to town on them with something and dramatically changing the look. I'm also wondering about brushing on some brown polish - might turn them too shiny? Thanks to anyone who might have some ideas or experience. Strangely I can't find anything on the AE site as to what they suggest...

bobbyz

Reaction score
I wear size 9.5 D in the 5 last and size down to 9D with the Saunders (as were told to be the 2 last). Hope it helps with your decision

Thanks for all the tips. I thought about it for a while and decided that it would take forever to size myself in the 2 last by ordering a bunch of sizes and trying them on since I can't find a pair nearby and went a completely different direction. I went for a more casual pair of McTavish in Tan that I hope to enjoy when the weather clears up. Hoping they can be a bit of a work horse for me.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I agree. And I've talked myself out of it. Already getting a pair of shell Daltons from the sale. I think having a custom pair of Neumoks will help letting those pass by.

Dillardiv

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up the new Carlyle? I know it's a more stretched out look, similar to an English shoe. I like this as an alternative to my park aves in times where I don't need to be as sartorially conservative. Anybody have pics in the wild?

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Anyone with football leather Neumoks or Promontory Points hopefully have some input here?  I have both in football leather, and am wondering about care for them.  As mine are very new, I'm only brushing at this point.  Thought I'd try the AE Leather Lotion on one of the heel panels to check it out, and it seemed to remove quite a bit of brown die on the cloth, and turned the leather quite reddish.  So I stopped there.  Haven't thought to see if the reddish tint resolved itself over time...I will.  But I wondered what anyone else is using, and the results.  The leather looks as though it might be quite dry, but I'm afraid of going to town on them with something and dramatically changing the look.  I'm also wondering about brushing on some brown polish - might turn them too shiny?  Thanks to anyone who might have some ideas or experience.  Strangely I can't find anything on the AE site as to what they suggest...

I've got a pair of football Neumoks and a pair of Brooks Brother chukka boots in football leather. The only product I've used on them was the AE leather lotion and I don't recall much, if any color coming off the shoes. I didn't really care that much if the color of the football leather changed though, so I didn't pay close attention to it. For what it's worth, I've used liberal amounts of the leather lotion on the shoes and have not really noticed much difference in the color of the uppers.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, just heard from Allison about this - there is indeed "no leather left." BB seems to be well-stocked, though, for anyone who can handle a D width.

Is this for the seconds sale?

AIK1891

Reaction score

Listen, if you think it'll fit you (I find it fits a bit snugger than long branch in the toe box), then I'll pick it up for you. Just PayPal me a price and shipping reimbursement. And give me a gentleman's promise you won't flip them on eBay for 100$ markup ;)

Thank you for the very kind offer. That shoe is on a wider/broader forefoot last, yes? I've only recently begun adding 10.5 sizes as I'd been experimenting with some lasts and started out (after the Daltons 11.5 misadventure mentioned earlier) with 11s.
Do you know which last and maybe I already have one on that last to compare?
[ else, I would have to reserve the right to "flip on eBay" if they don't fit … though at that price, if they don't fit, I'd more likely just give them to some younger and unenlightened classmate to get him out of rubber-soled, square-toed cheap black footwear prior to his interviews ] ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads