• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor

Reaction score
I was at my local Charlotte store over the weekend and their shell cordovan display was gone. The Saleslady told me that they had to ship all their shell shoes to NYC since there was a "shell shortage". She said that the stores in NYC and the store in Chicago shell more shell than all the rest of the AE stores so the other stores had to send them all their stock. She didn't know when or if they would stock shell shoes again.

On a side note, I have some black shell Park Avenues coming from the $299 sale.

DNSamurai

Reaction score
Brown shell Jeffersons from the $299 sale have arrived (in what seemed like a nicer box and grey flannel bags). Some pics below with and without flash. I've only had a chance to try them on for a few minutes, and my initial reaction was that they felt a little big. I believe these are on the 5 last, same as the Strand, but these seem longer than my Strands in the same size (9eee).

I also ordered the burgundy shell Macneils which should be arriving this afternoon. The truth is I'll probably end up only keeping one of them.

To complicate matters, I got an email last night from Kristal telling me she just got in a pair for merlot shell Park Avenue (I asked if this was the same as burgundy shell, and she said it was....so not sure why it was called merlot). So now I'm debating grabbing those, waiting for them arrive...and then pick one pair out of the three to keep.

Anyways, don't see much wrong with these Jeffersons.

No Flash

Flash

Last edited:

Pastor

Reaction score

Brown shell Jeffersons from the $299 sale have arrived (in what seemed like a nicer box and grey flannel bags). Some pics below with and without flash. I've only had a chance to try them on for a few minutes, and my initial reaction was that they felt a little big. I believe these are on the 5 last, same as the Strand, but these seem longer than my Strands in the same size (9eee). I also ordered the burgundy shell Macneils which should be arriving this afternoon. The truth is I'll probably end up only keeping one of them. To complicate matters, I got an email last night from Kristal telling me she just got in a pair for merlot shell Park Avenue (I asked if this was the same as burgundy shell, and she said it was....so not sure why it was called merlot). So now I'm debating grabbing those, waiting for them arrive...and then pick one pair out of the three to keep. Anyways, don't see much wrong with these Jeffersons. No Flash
I really like those Jeffersons. I debated buying them when they were a web gem but went with a MTO in the same shoe but in cappuccino shell instead of brown. I'm glad I did as they turned out great plus it was some of the last of the cappuccino shell. They make a great dress shoe.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, having a hard time. There's a brown shell jefferson thats close for me. Its a D width and I found the E fits best in the 65. However my D PA's aren't aweful at the end of the day. Just can't decide...

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Time to get into a 'Rut'...

Perfectly appointed...

It's gonna be a great day!

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Brown shell Jeffersons from the $299 sale have arrived (in what seemed like a nicer box and grey flannel bags). Some pics below with and without flash. I've only had a chance to try them on for a few minutes, and my initial reaction was that they felt a little big. I believe these are on the 5 last, same as the Strand, but these seem longer than my Strands in the same size (9eee). I also ordered the burgundy shell Macneils which should be arriving this afternoon. The truth is I'll probably end up only keeping one of them. To complicate matters, I got an email last night from Kristal telling me she just got in a pair for merlot shell Park Avenue (I asked if this was the same as burgundy shell, and she said it was....so not sure why it was called merlot). So now I'm debating grabbing those, waiting for them arrive...and then pick one pair out of the three to keep. Anyways, don't see much wrong with these Jeffersons. No Flash Flash I'm sorry, DNSamurai... I didn't catch the size of those (and by 'those' I mean the two shoes you're sending back?!?)

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if any of the long time AE owners can chime in on this question.

Is anyone familiar with the Tom Dick Harry wingtip? What last was it made on?

cannan

Reaction score

Anyone have any experience with the Mohave's? They look pretty sweet for the price, nice suede chukkas. Why aren't they selling?

I just received a slightly used pair off Ebay and I'm happy so far. I spent less than $100 on them and they fit better than my Clarks.

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Just got my Hales and two Fifth Aves back from recrafting. They look great!
They look great!!! How long did you have the shoes and what package did you choose for recrafting?

I understand that buying AE will give you the opportunity to recraft and extend the life of your shoes. However, if patience, one can get a great deal from various AE sales, and sometimes as close as the price of recrafting (the prestige package). Since shell is much more expensive, it's definitely worth recrafting. But iff you only have calf, I wonder if you had considered buying new vs. recrafting. If so, what pushes you to go with recrafting?

trev230

Reaction score
Time to get into a 'Rut'...

Perfectly appointed...

It's gonna be a great day!
I'm literally sitting here waiting for Fedex to deliver this same shoe. I have Park Ave in Bourbon, 5th Ave Walnut, Parkway in Blk, and now these will make a nice addition! I have the same belt in walnut and bourbon. Best belt ever! Got the rutledges for $229 from the sale

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ugh, having a hard time. There's a brown shell jefferson thats close for me. Its a D width and I found the E fits best in the 65. However my D PA's aren't aweful at the end of the day. Just can't decide...

If it were me spending 300 or more, I wouldn't settle for a less-than-perfect fit.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Whats the average discount you guys have been seeing during this current sale?

I was given the inventory/price list prior to the sale so I dont have the sale prices, but they mentioned 15-50% off. Is it more likely to be 15% off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads