1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

That is some serous cheddar...i refuse to even think about what you just said..

2. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

What are you refusing to think about?

3. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Mike, so the You have to change width if you choose the ind. lining ,they fit different?

4. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

...how much scratch you're laying out. ;)

Are you doing three of each in navy and natural?

5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Stop making me type it lowers my resistance...navy shell bleeker mto and natural shell Bradley mto....I just saw a shell Bradley and the stitching looked damn close to the Alden nst....

6. freakersea

freakersea Well-Known Member

any Australian members here used the AE re-crafting service, if so how was the issue of postage/postage costs approached?

7. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

@mdubs so much Carmina goodness to drool over. My hunch is that the shell shortage may end soon and some of these models might be available through Carmina eventually. Question is...do you want to take that chance? I'm debating it as well.

8. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

I am going to get them via Allen Edmonds myself regardless of what Carmina is doing. I personally do not believe that the Shell Shortage is over. We are not talking about that much shell here, probably only 400 pieces of Shell. That really isn't that much.

-Mike

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Really nice choices Mike. I look forward to seeing how they all turn out.

10. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

I posted awhile back asking y'all about AE Promontory Point Boots after buying for cheap at Nordstrom Rack. Anyhow finally wore them today for first time as the cold air blew fast and hard today in Chicago.

Back here to say wow I absolutely love these boots, great job Allen Edmonds. Besides winter boots made for one thing and one thing only, walking in snow, I've never owned a pair of nice (ankle) boots to wear for work, on street, etc... until now.

Sorry no pics but just want to add they fit great (took out the foot liners day I bought them). No break in time. Look great. Are warm. Worked great with jeans walking the little ones around trick or treating, and earlier in work slacks.

Again just want to post since got some great feedback re these boots when I posted here months ago. Finally own a great pair of boots!!

11. tjyoung

tjyoung Senior member

12. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Understandable. I've been trying to justify getting some non AE shoes but they keep pulling me back

I'll probably one pair through the offer. Debating between a Leeds, MacNeil or Dundee in navy. I'll admit I thought about the first Ave and Mora 2.0 myself but can't quite justify the extra $125.

13. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

14. arepaberry

arepaberry Well-Known Member

Between Orlando, Miami, Cali Colombia, and Caracas
    Today while wearing my strands, I was feeling some discomfort at the heel when I got home and inspected the shoe, I noticed there was a whole right at the heel, between the welt and the shoe. It is hard to explain. What should I do?

15. rostov

rostov Senior member

Updated family photo with my new GMTO ECs!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. peppercorn78

Definitely CXL, not shell. Still, some of the packer boots look cool. And I like the idea of supporting small start-ups. But probably a little too nervous to spend so much money on an item I can't see, feel, or try on first.

17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Post a pic of the issue....how old are the shows?

18. arepaberry

arepaberry Well-Known Member

Between Orlando, Miami, Cali Colombia, and Caracas
    They are exactly a month old. Which is bullshit and I barely get to wear them. Just a couple of times.

19. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Nice collection that loafers looks like a Sebago hand sewn. I like the Ridgeway.

20. peppercorn78

Take pictures, post to the shoe care thread. Where did you buy them? If from AE or Nordstrom, you may have a generous return option, if it seems like a manufacturing defect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.