• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "after' looks great -- much richer!
Did you use the "hairdryer method"?
Did they remain dark after they dried?

I did use the hairdryer method, they lightened up quite a bit once they were dry and I brushed them down.

Last edited:

nosrep123

Reaction score

AE doesn't have walnut shell any longer, so your best bets at this point would be an eBay and the Shoe Bank, with both sources being very unlikely and conditional on your size.

I'm thinking about getting one MTO, so should I expect the same color? It is kind of expensive though, $725 for the MTO.

evilWagon

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting one MTO, so should I expect the same color? It is kind of expensive though, $725 for the MTO.

Maybe you missed the part in the post you quoted; "AE doesn't have walnut shell any longer"

The CEO made the forum a special offer where they waive the MTO fee as well, search this thread and you'll find it along with Allison's contact info.

It's disappointing, I was leaning towards walnut shell for my MTO I'm planning.

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore the cognac Park Avenues today......

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Maybe you missed the part in the post you quoted; "AE doesn't have walnut shell any longer"

The CEO made the forum a special offer where they waive the MTO fee as well, search this thread and you'll find it along with Allison's contact info.

It's disappointing, I was leaning towards walnut shell for my MTO I'm planning.

That is correct, I have called Allison several times, a few months apart and was told that they have no more raw Walnut Shell Cordovan and can not accept any more MTOs in Walnut Shell. Paul currently has no plans to purchase more due to a higher return rate due to the natural color variations present with lighter Shell Cordovan colors.

-Mike

njruss

Reaction score
Been a decent week. Yesterday, my Banff slippers arrived after 4 weeks and today my black Mctavish seconds from the $159 sale. This is the 1st pair of seconds that arrived with shoe bags. Clearly they had been laced before but there is absolutely not a mark on the soles. Do you think this indicates that they were returns of firsts instead of true seconds? The box is labeled as a second.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That is correct, I have called Allison several times, a few months apart and was told that they have no more raw Walnut Shell Cordovan and can not accept any more MTOs in Walnut Shell. Paul currently has no plans to purchase more due to a higher return rate due to the natural color variations present with lighter Shell Cordovan colors.

-Mike

What if we place a large group MTO? They could bring enough walnut shell and we promise not to return then due to color. Win win...

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Walnut (Shell) Wednesday

Went with my good ole' Walnut Shell Strands.

-Mike

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LoL. We could try. Anyone up for organizing it and E-mailing Paul and Allison? I would support such a cause.

-M
Someone would try to return them. With all of the return policy and discount tricks that people brag about here, you should know that they can't be trusted...lol. Unless there is an upfront "no return" agreement, I don't think that they'll do it.

Last edited:

ncsugrad2006

Reaction score
I went shopping last weekend :)

Strawfut, Shelton, McCalister in bourbon. I'm not sure which is my favorite!

Last edited:

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Saw on Reddit that there has been an e-mail going out from AE detailing their Black Friday promos- has anyone received this?

-Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads