• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsmith4

Reaction score
wha what.

Do you know if they have C widths?

I know I saw a couple of C widths but I don't remember if it was in the Park Avenue or the Strand. My local stores number is 205-699-6566, give them a call. Kyle and Earl both would be glad to check.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since Brooks Brothers doesn't offer many C-width options, I wouldn't expect there to be many seconds (if any). However, if you know your size, you could just email them ([email protected]) and get a list of what's available in your size.

wha what.

I know I saw a couple of C widths but I don't remember if it was in the Park Avenue or the Strand.  My local stores number is 205-699-6566, give them a call.  Kyle and Earl both would be glad to check.

Thanks guys!

MIght be getting a pair of Park Avenues sooner than I expected. :)

454Casull

Reaction score
Need some recommendations for my next shoe. I have the black Fifth Ave and the walnut Strand, but am stumped on my next shoe. I think I want either a merlot or dark brown shoe as my next one, with maybe a medium brown after that, but I'm not really sure. My list of potential candidates:

Larchmont in dark chocolate
Larchmont in bourbon (the darkened toe looks awesome but overall may not be dark enough to fit between the black and walnut?)
McAllister in merlot
Rutledge in brown burnished

I like the Rutledge the best, but the problem is I'm not ready to spend that much on a pair yet. Ideas? I have a variety of pants fabrics and colours.

TheSizzle

Reaction score
Larchmont in bourbon (the darkened toe looks awesome but overall may not be dark enough to fit between the black and walnut?)
McAllister in merlot

I think that bourbon is different enough to have a place in your wardrobe, but it's not really as much of a gap filler. I think the Merlot McAllister would up your shoe collection's variety to a greater degree (it would be your first burgundy shoe, your first wingtip, and that's a great combination).

Here's AE's walnut calf next to bourbon calf and black calf to give you a rough idea how the color is different.

Last edited:

454Casull

Reaction score

I think that bourbon is different enough to have a place in your wardrobe, but it's not really as much of a gap filler. I think the Merlot McAllister would up your shoe collection's variety to a greater degree (it would be your first burgundy shoe, your first wingtip, and that's a great combination). Here's AE's walnut calf next to bourbon calf and black calf to give you a rough idea how the color is different.
Gracias much. How does the brown burnished calf compare? It sounds like I can't really go wrong with the merlot McAl. If something doesn't change my mind I'll probably bite the bullet in the next few days.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The burnished brown calf is a bit darker. Actually, it's very dark, but I like my burnished brown Strand.

TheSizzle

Reaction score
Gracias much. How does the brown burnished calf compare?

It sounds like I can't really go wrong with the merlot McAl. If something doesn't change my mind I'll probably bite the bullet in the next few days.

The brown burnished calf is quite dark, definitely a lot darker than the bourbon or walnut.

Badandy

Reaction score
I've got some brown burnished Kenilworth's incoming. I have slight bowing around the throat/ankle on my other 5-last shoes but it's not too bad and they're super comfortable. I just hope it doesn't get worse and worse over time through the leather stretching.

Last edited:

Odinloki

Reaction score
Fifth Street Boots

I just received the 5th Street short dress boots from AE. It's made on the same last as my walnut Strands, so the fit around the foot feels great to me. While I love the quality and the look of the boots but man, the first wearing hurt like heck because the tongue and the tops of the boots dig into my shins.

For those with these or similar boots, do you have any tips to prevent this from happening? Thanks!

*edit: Fifth Street, not Fifth Avenue... duh!

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fifth Avenue Boots

I just received the 5th Ave short dress boots from AE. It's made on the same last as my walnut Strands, so the fit around the foot feels great to me. While I love the quality and the look of the boots but man, the first wearing hurt like heck because the tongue and the tops of the boots dig into my shins.

For those with these or similar boots, do you have any tips to prevent this from happening? Thanks!

In my experience it gets better with time. Once the shoe becomes more flexible.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Larchmont in bourbon (the darkened toe looks awesome but overall may not be dark enough to fit between the black and walnut?) McAllister in merlot
I think that bourbon is different enough to have a place in your wardrobe, but it's not really as much of a gap filler. I think the Merlot McAllister would up your shoe collection's variety to a greater degree (it would be your first burgundy shoe, your first wingtip, and that's a great combination). Here's AE's walnut calf next to bourbon calf and black calf to give you a rough idea how the color is different.
I am asking out of curiosity not trying to be an ass. If you wear these shoes to work, what field do you work in that its okay to have colored laces? Most of the guys I know in accounting/finance/consulting/law/medicine dont ever wear colored laces and have mainly black shoes. maybe because they cant dress or maybe because thats the office norm. Someone enlighten me please. Will it look like I'm trying too hard if I put colored laces on my shoes when I go out casually? (I'm 22)

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fifth Avenue Boots

I just received the 5th Ave short dress boots from AE. It's made on the same last as my walnut Strands, so the fit around the foot feels great to me. While I love the quality and the look of the boots but man, the first wearing hurt like heck because the tongue and the tops of the boots dig into my shins.

For those with these or similar boots, do you have any tips to prevent this from happening? Thanks!

I heard someone recommend rolling the tops down overnight a few times

habaryu

Reaction score
I'm planning to buy a pair of Allen Edmonds Park Avenue. I'll use them for upcoming interviews to work as a civil engineer and for my graduation. I don't know what's the dress code in the industry but I guess it's more business casual that formal. I just want to know the best color that'll suit these situations? I definitely won't go black. Is there any "MVP" color? Thank you!

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fifth Avenue Boots

I heard someone recommend rolling the tops down overnight a few times

your avatar is the ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads