• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldy

Reaction score
speaking of welts... what do you guys use to strip the heal/welt? I kinda went a little overboard with the chili dressing, and wow it is a paaaain ********** to get off.
alcohol on a Q tip applied carefully?

GentlemanJohnny

Reaction score
Sorry to go off on a totally unrelated tangent but I was perusing a few thousand posts back and saw that some people have had some luck with discontinued models so here goes:

I really really really want a Winhall in 7D if anyone has one, knows someone who does, or knows a collector/merchant that might still have some. They're discontinued I know and there are some black ones in larger sizes available on eBay right now but I'm interested in the brown one with the stitched leather.

I have seen this version:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMON...2710949?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item20cddc2825

Which is pretty close to what I'm after except this version has some kind of textured leather in place of the woven leather :(

It's supposed to have a brown woven leather like this: http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds...356124816&sr=8-3&keywords=allen+edmonds+woven

Anywho, if anyone can point me in the direction of one of these babies (or something similar like a Magnanni Rio) I'd be much obliged...

Danke!

~Johnny

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of welts... what do you guys use to strip the heal/welt? I kinda went a little overboard with the chili dressing, and wow it is a paaaain ********** to get off.

Search for Man of Lint and Acetone. I believe that is what he has recommended in the past to strip the heel/welt.

Onlyoneoklahoma

Reaction score
After the new year I will be in the market for some new shoes and I thought suede would be a good bet. The 2 last doesn't work for me, so sadly the Players Shoe is out. What are the thoughts on the suede neumoks? I just want I shoe to wear with jeans or olive chinos.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since someone asked about sales: not much. Currently at shoebank:

Factory Second Patriot $181, Norwich $155, Tampa $104, Black Kenilworth $163, and Finch $140. Brown Swim over shoes $29. Shoe Trees 2 for $35. Select Ties $29 or 2 for $50. Socks $5 per pair.

On Amazon 10% OFF SHOES, 20% OFF BOOTS.

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After the new year I will be in the market for some new shoes and I thought suede would be a good bet. The 2 last doesn't work for me, so sadly the Players Shoe is out. What are the thoughts on the suede neumoks? I just want I shoe to wear with jeans or olive chinos.

Suede Neumoks are remarkably comfortable and pair up nicely with casual pants or jeans. Anything specific you'd like to know. They're pretty damn awesome.

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
My Jingle Bell Mok's came in today and just in time, too. Heading up to the folks' place in the morning. I was on the fence about buying this gimmicky webgem for a long time and I almost didn't pull the trigger, but now I'm glad I did. These look great. The burnishing is well executed and the shoe feels much more solid than some of the other unlined shoes, like the nuemok.

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice buy, sir! I would suggest that a shoe like the Neumok is not meant to be "solid". It's meant to be soft and pliable. When paired with an oiled leather sole it makes for a soft, comfortable, forgiving shoe.

TheSizzle

Reaction score

Nice buy, sir! I would suggest that a shoe like the Neumok is not meant to be "solid".  It's meant to be soft and pliable. When paired with an oiled leather sole it makes for a soft, comfortable, forgiving shoe.

When I received the Jingle Bell Moks a couple weeks ago, I thought they were the best of both worlds. They're stiff enough not to collapse like water shoes that kids wear (which the Neumoks do), but they have a nice pliable sole, making them incredibly quick to break in and instantly comfortable. I was skeptical about ordering them too, but I'm glad I did.

Last edited:

Mulligan142

Reaction score
I just came across pics of the Bourbon McCallisters and they are stunning. Does anyone know where I may still be able to find these in 8.5 or 9D? No luck when I called the shoe bank. Sigh.

RicPac

Reaction score
hello all, i am looking to buy a black pair of shoes/boots. i was looking at the park ave as AE doesnt seem to carry chelsea boots. i was to wear for dressy as well as casual(family holidays, work) should i go with the chelsea or will park ave be fine.

Onlyoneoklahoma

Reaction score

Suede Neumoks are remarkably comfortable and pair up nicely with casual pants or jeans. Anything specific you'd like to know. They're pretty damn awesome.

Thanks. I am just curious about the quality of the suede compared to the leather neumoks.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, the Neumoks are unlined. You want a thicker suede to give it structure. So this one won't be as thin as say an Alden 1494. But the suede is soft and makes a good palette for the brogues. My snuff Neumoks are light weight and very comfortable. No regrets. I just have to restrain the urge to buy more. Its the best AE makeup I've tried on so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads