Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

^. Man, you guys are easy going and lenient. Even for seconds,I'd send them back. Especially those two spots, they would really bother.me. But hey, that's just me.

2. acousticfoodie

acousticfoodie Senior member

I would return those even if they are seconds.

3. andrew4h

andrew4h Active Member

Hey Goldy,they are called the Brantley. Really great shoe, personally like the clean captoe more than the Fifth Street's medallion. PM me if you are 9.5E and have any interest in a black pair; may be willing to part with mine since they sadly don't get as much use as they should

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

+1. The spots can likely be covered with polish, but the size and extent of those side creases would be a deal breaker for me. My Delrays have been worn regularly for 1.5 years and they look better than the ones sent to you.

5. evolved

evolved Senior member

Thanks for the responses.....I was leaning that way, too. Back to AE they go, I guess....

6. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

My dealer did charge extra for a standard model in an unlisted size (7.5c on the 5-Last) but did not charge extra for a standard model shell in a standard catalogue size. If you are departing from the catalogue make-up, I could see the custom fee coming in then.

7. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

New here; but wanted to share my new Allen Edmond Walnut Daltons. Im wearing them for the first time today.

[​IMG]

8. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Have I missed anything?

Any sales coming on or coming up?

9. laufer

laufer Senior member

Are there any Shoebank sales anymore. I used to receive notices for these but not anymore.

10. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

**CUSTOM SHOE UPDATE**

Bad News (sorry, they changed the deal on me - maybe we scared them, the SF effect and all).. Anyway, here's the deal:

1) You can only do this through the JEFFERSONVILLE, OHIO OUTLET - 740-948-9033

2) You need to say that this is part of the Bucksfan deal

3) It only applies to shoes that are in the "custom shoe" area of the AE website

4) The only shell cordovan colors available are burgundy, black and dark brown

5) I am now being told we need to choose one style in order to get the deal.

If we follow these rules, we get free shoe trees, free shipping, and no upcharge for custom shoes.

Now: what design interests everyone? (might be a good conversation for the Holiday weekend, since nothing is getting made before 1/2/13 anyway).

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012

11. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I contacted Kristle and heard the same thing (we have to all get the same style, the style has to come from the shoes under "Custom" on the website, and the available colors are black, burgundy, and dark brown.) Off the top of my head, I think I'm interested in a dark brown shell Leeds or Delray with a flat/standard brown welt and, if possible, the Reddenbach double oak leather soles on most AE cordovan shoes. The same design, but the McAllister or MacNeil, might be interesting too. I think the only styles that would justify going with burgundy are the Delray, Strand, or Shelton, since I think everything else is available in burgundy. Another thing to consider is that we wouldn't have this deal without bucksfan's inquiry, and he initiated it with the Shelton. So, I think that should be given some serious consideration.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012

12. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Return them, when you get the better pair in, you know you are going to be glad you waited. That crease and those two dots would drive me nuts. I want ever crease in a shoe to be from my foot only.

Too bad those pics suck, they look black... definitely need better pics

13. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Well I would love a MacNeil dark brown shell with natural welt, deal brown leed natural welt or burg/black shell saddle

14. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

I would be interested in a dark brown shell / natural sole/welt combo if one was to come about as a secondary option to the saddle.

15. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

speaking of welts... what do you guys use to strip the heal/welt? I kinda went a little overboard with the chili dressing, and wow it is a paaaain in the ass to get off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.