• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigg

Reaction score
Any feedback on the Patriot loafer?
Debating on that or the Kenwood in burgundy.

PopFarmer

Reaction score
Any feedback on the Patriot loafer?
Debating on that or the Kenwood in burgundy.

The Patriot is awesome. Very comfortable last with a wider toe box. I got the brown version and I'm wearing it today with slacks. Looks great and the brown burnished calf leather is much nicer in my opinion than the shiny burgundy leather of the Kenwoods. Of course, the Kenwood has the beefrolls and vamping so they are not quite apples to apples. They also plan to discontinue the Kenwoods soon.

Put it this way, I returned a pair of Waldens to upgrade to the Patriot. It's $249 now on sale and very nice alternative the Alden LHS at several hundreds of dollars less.

Jigg

Reaction score
The Patriot is awesome. Very comfortable last with a wider toe box. I got the brown version and I'm wearing it today with slacks. Looks great and the brown burnished calf leather is much nicer in my opinion than the shiny burgundy leather of the Kenwoods. Of course, the Kenwood has the beefrolls and vamping so they are not quite apples to apples. They also plan to discontinue the Kenwoods soon.

Put it this way, I returned a pair of Waldens to upgrade to the Patriot. It's $249 now on sale and very nice alternative the Alden LHS at several hundreds of dollars less.

Sold!
Thanks

theinternet

Reaction score
For those of you with Cronmoks, can you check the heel where it attaches to the sole? After wearing my boots only once, both have some separation along the edge that seems like it will only get worse with each wear. Is anyone else experiencing this?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I much prefer Jubei's Delray in burgundy cordovan to the Meermin split-toe cordovan on the Rui last.  On the other hand, I much prefer the Meermin longwings and plain toe to the Macneil and Leeds.  Whatever you like, we all benefit with AE now having a competitor on price and quality. 

What do you like better about the AE? Sleeker last? I think the Meermin last is a little too rounded. But I like the color of the shell. On the other hand, dealing with unknown quality, mail order, and no chance to try on makes me hesitate; even at their prices, shell is not cheap. The AE customer service is worth a lot in this case.

Maybe the answer is Jubei's shoe in cappuccino!

OldManMachine

Reaction score
Just purchased a pair of AE Vernons in black 8.5D and 8.5E. This will be my first pair of AE's so I hope to join the club soon once they arrive. I used AE's self measuring guide and was kind of in between the two widths so I figured I'll order both to get a fit comparison between the two and send the other back.

gooter

Reaction score
Just purchased a pair of AE Vernons in black 8.5D and 8.5E. This will be my first pair of AE's so I hope to join the club soon once they arrive. I used AE's self measuring guide and was kind of in between the two widths so I figured I'll order both to get a fit comparison between the two and send the other back.
very underrated shoe imo. enjoy!

OptoDoc

Reaction score

The Vernon was the first AE I ever purchased. I used the self measuring guide which had me at a 9D. Ordered the shoes and they fit terribly, heel slip and pinched toes. Ended up going to the brick and mortar store in New Orleans and getting properly sized to an 8.5E which I have been happy with in the Strand, Clifton and Hale I have since acquired. I still may buy the Vernon in black before this sale is over.

gooter

Reaction score
when I tried the self-measuring guide it told me I was 2 sizes bigger than I thought. Then I realized that my printer's size options were set to "fit" instead of "actual size". The credit card outline they have is quite helpful!

OldManMachine

Reaction score
when I tried the self-measuring guide it told me I was 2 sizes bigger than I thought. Then I realized that my printer's size options were set to "fit" instead of "actual size". The credit card outline they have is quite helpful!

yup! I made sure to pay extra attention to make sure it was printed in actual size. I've always enjoyed a snug fit for all my shoes, and they range from the 8.5 - 9.5 sizing. Hopefully the 8.5 is correct for me. If I were to run into sizing issues, can I bring the 2 pairs that I purchased off of AE's website and bring it to one of AE's B&M store to do an exchange?

I originally was going to get the PA's as my first shoe, then decided to get the FA's, then after reading your post from last week gooter, I decided to get the Rutledge, and now I ended up with the Vernon as my first pair of AE's.

It'll be 3-5 weeks estimated before I receive the shoes, but cedarville is having a 15% sale that ends today. I'd like to purchase the "ultra shoe tree", and based on the sizing chart which is similar to AE's.... the 8.5D is recommended for SMALL, and the 8.5E is recommended for MEDIUM. I feel like I'm right at the cusp and I'm not sure which shoe will fit me best. What do you guys think would be the best shoe tree sizing to go with? For a worst case scenario, if I ended up with a 8.5D, would a MEDIUM shoe tree create that much forced tension with the spring?

Last edited:

gooter

Reaction score
You made a good choice on the Vernon, my friend. The only reason I don't have them is that I just cant get them to fit right . I am a 10C and the Vernon doesn't come in a C width. I tried sizing down to a 9.5D but there wasn't enough room to wear them comfortably, so I got the Rutledge instead.

I am not 100% certain but I believe you can return/exchange shoes bought online to the B&M stores. I'm sure a more knowledgeable member will chime in on this fact, though.

bimsalabim

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Allen Edmond's fit as compared to Alden, specifically with respect to cap-toe oxford (that is, Allen Edmond's Park Avenue versus Alden's Straight Tip Bal)?

spitshine123

Reaction score
I agree that it is difficult to get a good fit in the 8 last (I'm sure it is different for everyone)

8.D, my normal size is too narrow in the forefoot, 8.5E is too wide in the heel (but with a good fitting forefoot) and 9D just feels like my feet are swimming

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually found their fit guide to be right on! I measured at a 10C, ordered a 10D as a skeptic and had to exchange for the C in a brick and mortar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads