Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgsdm

dgsdm Well-Known Member

Since I'm a 9E that would mean I would need to go up to 9EE but I'm a little worried that there might be heel slipping if I go up another width.

Except for the fit and squeaking I also think the Norwichs are great shoes. I feel like they look a little clunky though for some reason, are all monk straps like this? I'm comparing them to my Park Avenues.

2. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Senior member

Welcome to the family - new walnut daltons!

The others are black Bayfields and chocolate brown Daltons... terrible iPhone picture!

[​IMG]

3. seer

seer Senior member

4. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

5. apeatapple

apeatapple Member

Please help me to choose gentlemen. With the allen edmonds sale is about to end, do you guys think I should invest in buying a black Mctavish or a walnut Strand? The Mctavish is on sale for $230 and Stand is on sale for 285. Im kicking myself for not getting a pair of Strand during Nordstorm annual sale, which it was 220 back then. Do you guys suggest that I should save the money for now and get a pair of Strand instead of the black mctavish?

6. apeatapple

apeatapple Member

Please help me to choose gentlemen. With the allen edmonds sale is about to end, do you guys think I should invest in buying a black Mctavish or a walnut Strand? The Mctavish is on sale for $230 and Stand is on sale for 285. Im kicking myself for not getting a pair of Strand during Nordstorm annual sale, which it was 220 back then. Do you guys suggest that I should save the money for now and get a pair of Strand instead of the black mctavish?

7. gooter

gooter Senior member

Hard to advise given we don't know what you'll be using them for. I have both and enjoy both a great deal, you really can't go wrong with either. I know that isn't the answer you were looking for, but without knowing the circumstances you'll be wearing them it's hard to give good advice.

8. jch1

jch1 Senior member

I purchased saphir reno yesterday and applied it to my walnut calf daltons, followed by AE premium polish. What do I need to do to get a shine out of the shoes? While they look quite nice, they aren't really shiny like others I've seen. Thoughts?

9. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

Tan Cronmoks ITW with dark jeans.
    VERY comfortable boot and would highly recommend them.

[​IMG]

10. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

^^^ I'm not sure the Cronmok differentiates itself enough from the Neumok. I'd like to see this with a mini-lug sole. Any opinions?

11. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Skip the AE premium polish, use the AE wax polish in neutral or the Saphir light brown polish. Spit shine to desired luster...

12. jch1

jch1 Senior member

So you're saying use reno plus neutral wax or reno polish? U thought I recalled somebody saying they simply used reno and a chamois cloth and that worked wonders.

13. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I have just ordered AE Walnut Calf Strand from amazon paid $230 including shipping. Always wanted them and thought price was good so pulled the trigger. Now i was also thinking of getting the Black PAs' since they are also on sale. Now I already have RL Slaton in black (also made by AE!).
    Should I skip the Black PAs' ?

RL Slaton-
    [​IMG]

14. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

What are you going to use them for? For ultra-conservative business dress, the black PA are the way to go, moreso than the Slaton. If you don't need to dress this way for work, then I would advise you go with a different, non-black shoe.

15. Grytter

Grytter Well-Known Member

#Evolved

Is that the Dalton? I love it!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.