• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I purchased some used shell cordovan penny loafers on ebay. They in good condition; however, since they were used, I decided to recraft them.
I received my recrafted shoes in the mail yesterday and am slightly disappointed. The loafers had been absolutely caked in shoe cream; the leather wasn't even visible. I spent hours last night with a slightly damp cloth rubbing the majority of it off.
More importantly though, right before the heel on the outside of the shoes, the welt has been broken. I was under the impression that welts were replaced during recrafting, and I don't even think my welts were broken before re-crafting.
I am young and new to the nice shoe world, so am I justified in being unhappy and complaining here? Images are below:

I don't think that's the welt cracking, but rather the seam where the two ends come together. It is just very sloppily finished. I agree - sloppy work and terrible customer service to send them out like that. You should complain to AE.

Green Lantern

Reaction score
The AE's via Amazon are not allowing me to use Pay Pal? !@#$%^&IO

Shoefiend

Reaction score
So I'm in a bit of a conundrum here, I would really like a pair of Shell Cordovan Cambridge in burgandy, but the only place I can find selling them is the AE store who want to charge me $85 to ship a single pair of shoes, (I'm in Australia), which frankly I find a bit ridiculous. Total at ~$580 AUD all up. Is it worth paying this much for these shoes or can I be getting better value for money with a different pair?

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I'm in a bit of a conundrum here, I would really like a pair of Shell Cordovan Cambridge in burgandy, but the only place I can find selling them is the AE store who want to charge me $85 to ship a single pair of shoes, (I'm in Australia), which frankly I find a bit ridiculous. Total at ~$580 AUD all up. Is it worth paying this much for these shoes or can I be getting better value for money with a different pair?
Welcome to Styleforum. This is a common complaint from our Australian members. Interesting that in North America, anyone can buy a nice pair of Blundstone boots made in Australia for under $200, shipping in. If the cost is bothering you this much, then buy something else unless you can get someone to proxy for you.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna x-post this:

Question for the AE experts: is now the time to buy? I was looking to get a pair before late spring/early summer (juneish?) of next year. It looks like the Fifth Aves are on sale for the "Rediscovering America" event, which is what I was hoping to get anyway.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best time of the year to buy, would be half of the year sale at Nordstroms, assuming you can wait. They are usually deeply discounted. This year you could've gotten the Strands for $ 199
not sure if the Park Av or Fifth Av were included in the sale though.

Tano

Reaction score
Yes. Got the park avenues from nordstrom online for $199. Plus $30 shipping to Australia. This was in august I recall.

the_drizzle

Reaction score
Anyone hear anything else about AE reintroducing the Mora (not as a custom shoe)?

I remember reading in another thread that it was possibly coming back in spring.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing a post by Allen Edmonds - might have been their Faceobook page, not sure - that the Mora will be a regular production item in Spring 2012.

Don't hold me to it, I just remember hearing it.

Chris

GHo

Reaction score
Need some suggestions. I need to pick out a pair of AE's (non-shell cordovan).

I typically wears suits, or slacks/blazer. I live in Des Moines, IA where fashion is pretty conservative (a pair of Hillcrest with a suit is top 1% of the population).

Could i get a few suggestions on what to buy (or what you like) to wear with a suit? I've never owned a pair of Park Aves so I wouldn't mind starting there. Also like Strands or the Players Shoe.

Any others I should consider?

Thanks.
:foo:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How about the Kenilworth blucher? New for this year, I picked up the brown.

Note, they didn't look like this out of the box :).

That is a legendary polish job good sir :slayer: I'm working on my Kenilworths in brown, hope they turn out half as good.

jessedarko

Reaction score
Allen Edmonds is the first pair of dress shoes I bought as an adult. I had been wearing some Kenneth Cole Reactions since I was 19 (I'm 26 now). I finally caved and bought the Park Avenue in black and the Strand in Walnut. Best decision ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads