• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow, someone else made a pair? Are they 10.5D? Possibly could be a seconds of my MTO?

Mine has no creasing there...

-Mike

Yours have no creasing because you've barely worn them! ;)

I'm sure there is a silent plurality that lurks in this thread and the MTO thread, but don't ever make themselves known to us, piggybacking off of some of the designs we post ;)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dunno. Someone said they were interested in doing them. No worries here.

I don't doubt it. Yours are about the sexiest kicks on Gods green earth.

LeviMay

Reaction score
Brown CXL Bayfields and flannels today:

AndyC

Reaction score
I just purchased my first pair of shell from the PW store. Daltons for $325! I've been wearing AE for about 4 years, but never ponied up for shell. Excited doesn't even begin to explain how I feel right now!

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just purchased my first pair of shell from the PW store. Daltons for $325! I've been wearing AE for about 4 years, but never ponied up for shell. Excited doesn't even begin to explain how I feel right now!
First of all - Welcome! Secondly, you should be excited. Those boots are awesome to begin with and shell cordovan only makes it sweeter. And the price is the cherry on top! Enjoy!

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the addiction! I'll trot out my favorite post in this thread in honor of the occasion...

I just came over here looking for info @ some shoes im interested in and i find you guys messing around with SHELL CORDOVAN . Do you guys have any idea how dangerous that stuff is ! You can never have enough . If you fret about spending $300 on shoes now you aint seen nothing. Mess with that stuff and you'll find yourself dropping $750 a pop and you'll be looking at another pair you gotta have while they'r still in the mail Dont take my word for it. Go lurk around the alden thread . Those poor guys got problems . Not only is the stuff outrageously priced .Its hard to find . Just when you realize you cant live without that pair of color4 captoe boots w/commando soles you find they'r all sold out and the manufacturer dosen't when if ever they will ever be made again . This is no way to live . You just stay away from that stuff you be a lot happier and certainly a lot wealthier . Dont say you wern't warned

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the addiction! I'll trot out my favorite post in this thread in honor of the occasion...

Not a day goes by when I don't think about that post. Should have heeded those words.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As many say, it didn't happen unless you post pics...

However, welcome!

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very funny (and true!)   I did want to mention to AndyC that the $325 price is a teaser.  You'll get hooked and never see that price again!

Not a day goes by when I don't think about that post. Should have heeded those words.

Ain't that the truth. I'm fortunate that I can hardly ever find shell that fits my feet. The only pair left in the shoe bank are some #8 Leeds on which I think I'll pounce in a day or two... and I might have them shipped to my office to avoid the wrath of my lovely wife.

:hide:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ain't that the truth. I'm fortunate that I can hardly ever find shell that fits my feet. The only pair left in the shoe bank are some #8 Leeds on which I think I'll pounce in a day or two... and I might have them shipped to my office to avoid the wrath of my lovely wife.

My wife still thinks I have only 7 pairs.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any opinion on burgundy dundees with chinos and nice jeans? I have a pair on hold for the the sale tomorrow, but had originally wanted brown, which I cannot get. The burgundy cordovan is beautiful in their dress shoes, but I'm worried it's too dressy for casual.

This is my first pair or cordovan shoes, so I want to get it right if I'm going to buy them.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Shell Cordovan Graysons arrived yesterday. After a little cleaning up and a lot of brushing they look great. These actually came from the error in pricing they had a couple weeks back on the shoebank site. The size I wanted was held for someone else, and they backed out. So I got them and they honored the mistaken price. Great customer service. I couldn't be happier with the treatment I have received from AE throughout the years. I gotta say though, I don't think these are seconds. I think they were wore on carpet once, and then returned. There is no seconds marking on the bottom and I can't find any noticeable issues that would make them seconds. All in all, this is a great score for me. This is my 10th pair of Shell.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

They look great! Wish they would have had a pair in my size when that happened. Congrats on the 10th pair of shell, I seem to recall trying to warn you when you were considering your first pair of shell to see what it was all about
smile.gif
You have a fantastic collection of shell shoes GOP, very well done.
Agree, welcome! LOL I have that post and link by englade321 saved in my google docs. It should be in a shell hall of fame somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads