• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Small timers like us can't comprehend the 50+ shoe wardrobe. Check out how the pros (Vox) do it
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Holy crap, that is what I need!!! My wife would FLIP!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Lol. It's just a table. I note which shoes I wore and on what day. What size are you?
fistbump.gif

I have a spreadsheet as well, that I now use to track what I have, when I last wore them and a count of total number of times worn. I am working on filters to help me learn what colors, styles, and designs I reach for the most...

-Mike

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
This is what I want my closet to look like. Leffot style.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Yup. Mine are arranged on the racks by style, color, and even type of leather. It helps that I have many examples of the same style in different permutations (e.g., something like 15 pairs of PTBs in black, brown, burgundy, blue, and green, and in shell, CXL, other casual smooth leather, suede, and nubuck). I know the array so well that, notwithstanding @tifosi 's quip, I can go right to the pair I'm looking for even with my eyes closed.

Kwaker

Reaction score

I eventually decided to hold onto my brown shell Jefferson even though I feel that an 8E would fit better than the 8.5D that I ordered. The pain of sending the back and forth between continents was too much. Without further ado, my Jefferson's maiden voyage
nice ... now's the time for more enjoying and less fretting

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Impressive collection! awesome Half...I recently joked with a buddy of mine who had a sneaker collection and I said what was the point of having 100 pairs...he quickly pointed to my wine racks and said.."your point?" I no longer pass judgement....

Enjoy those shoes! I am capping my shoe collection at 30 as I quickly have come to realize that for 4 months of the year I wear boat shoes and shorts 90% of the time so my shoes will sit.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Most of them (shell and casual leathers) are just brush and/or buff as far as I'm concerned. Re: the calf, I really don't wear them that often and I'm more concerned with keeping them clean than conditioned/polished. But, when I pick up a pair and they look like they could use some TLC (dry or faded or whatever), I oblige.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Impressive collection! awesome Half...I recently joked with a buddy of mine who had a sneaker collection and I said what was the point of having 100 pairs...he quickly pointed to my wine racks and said.."your point?" I no longer pass judgement....

Enjoy those shoes! I am capping my shoe collection at 30 as I quickly have come to realize that for 4 months of the year I wear boat shoes and shorts 90% of the time so my shoes will sit.

Lol. I used to collect wine but then I got serious about my health and basically stopped drinking. I ended up giving most of the wine away.

If you're not already wearing bucks, nubucks, saddles, spectators, etc. with your shorts, you should look into that. Plenty of AE MTO possibilities there!
fing02[1].gif

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. I used to collect wine but then I got serious about my health and basically stopped drinking. I ended up giving most of the wine away.

If you're not already wearing bucks, nubucks, saddles, spectators, etc. with your shorts, you should look into that. Plenty of AE MTO possibilities there!
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

So far have worn the suede nuemoks, have not considered the spectators or saddles with shorts though- I own them so I guess no harm in trying them.

I think the wine is the only thing keeping me healthy...

Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked up a pair of supposedly new McAllisters on ebay at a price I couldn't resist. They seem to have a different heel pattern than the pair I purchased from Shoebank (bottom pair) though. Any thoughts on the difference? Are they a really old run or have they been resoled?
I need to check when I get home, but the new pair might just be how the V-Tread heels are. I had a pair of Sanfords resoled with the V-tread sole, but don't recall what the heel looks like.
I have a spreadsheet as well, that I now use to track what I have, when I last wore them and a count of total number of times worn. I am working on filters to help me learn what colors, styles, and designs I reach for the most... -Mike
I have a spreadsheet also, but just to remember when I bought them and other details about them. I'm too lazy to log every time I wear the shoes.

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small timers like us can't comprehend the 50+ shoe wardrobe. Check out how the pros (Vox) do it
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Whoa!

My wife loves this movie "Overboard". I tolerate it when it comes on. However, this scene has me thinking of possibilities for my collection:
0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads