1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pb924

Pb924 Senior member

Great thnaks! Now i just need to figure out my size. Do you have any experience with carmina rain last to compare?

2. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

^
    I don't know Carmina lasts but I do have a few pairs of Patriots, and they run true to Brannock sizing as to both length and width.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  3. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

The Shoebank has the Brooks Dundee in oxblood in a 12D for $114. How are those still there?

4. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Wearing Snuff Suede Neumoks today.........

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Hi guys,

For those of you that have the Gobi and have exp with Clarks DB , do you consider the Gobi a big improvement in quality? , I want a pair of casual chukkas for beaters and looking for comfort, the only shoe I tried with Dainite sole was kind of stiff but I just tried it briefly , with the current sale I can get a Snuff Gobi for just a few bucks more than a Clarks Db and I don't want to spend too much on a suede Chukka, I had a pair of unlined Alden but sold them because I didn't like the lack of support of the unlined model.

TIA.

6. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

From Thursday. Brown Shell Cordovan Strand MTO with Medium Brown Transparent Edges, Indy Sole and Lining, and Wheeled Edges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

4 people like this.
  7. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    I was in the Burlington store in Woodland Hills, CA today and the clearance section had this pair of Westchester slip on for $99. 8.5 EEE and what I believe is the Independence sole. I realize there may be a few people in the forum who could wear these and I thought I would point them out. Its a good looking shoe, but I know nothing of the shoe's reputation. I hope someone is looking for just that sized shoe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

Gentlemen,

I thought you dear chaps who frequent this thread may appreciate these:

[​IMG]

^^^Jermyn St and PA for BB

These were given; "The Treatment" for a gentleman that is my Mentor and friend.

Happy 4th of July!

9. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Damn...its amazing that you can get that kind of shine on a pair of AE's.

10. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Watchman has some of the best shine I have seen. Unless im wrong, those PAs are probably calf but they look like shells, amazing job. They seem to match the rest of your Camina collection. HAPPY 4th

11. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Great Job! is that Shell or Calf? Do you mind sharing your process.

12. Hayseeds

Hayseeds Member

Anyone go up a 1/2 to a full size and down a width or two from their brannock size for a better fit on the 5-65 or 511 lasts?

13. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

I had to go down half size on the 65 last, and 333 last. I measure 11 in length and right between c and d in width, all my 65 last shoes are 10.5D.

14. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Those are not the Independence sole. Just a regular sole with the [whatever the split leather/rubber heel is called that's on several of their normal shoes like the Vernon].

Regardless, they look really nice. I could probably fit into them (I usually wear a 9E but an 8.5EEE might work for me in a loafer like that actually).

15. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

I have to go down from a 6.5E to a 6EEE to fit the 65 last. Same for the 108 and 222 lasts.

Luckily, AE has been very accommodating in making these up for me without an upcharge, even though 6EEE is outside their normal size run. The 511, 73, 234, 606, 79, and 97 lasts fit me true to Brannock size.

16. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

Thanks for the input. I will get a Rendenbach sole on my first MTO.

17. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

Up half size but same width for the 511 for me. I take 11.5 in the 65, 108, 333 and 97 as well most all others, but a 12 in the 511, except the Wilberts, which I still take 11.5E in for some reason.

18. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

If these were my size. I would hav been wearing them today no doubt.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

What size?

20. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I'm 11 E (left) and 10 3E (right) and wear 10.5 3E quite comfortably in the 5, 1, 3, 63, 234, and 2 lasts. The 511G is narrower still and I need to go up to 11 3E because of the orthotics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.