• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which one of you hooligans has apparently been watching my eBay listing and sent me this message?

:plain:
Was that not OK?

Just snagged a pair of Burgundy Sanfords on the 'bay. Now need to figure out what to do with my burgundy calf Sanfords.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was that not OK?

Just snagged a pair of Burgundy Sanfords on the 'bay. Now need to figure out what to do with my burgundy calf Sanfords.

What is the difference between Burgundy Sanfords and Burgundy calf Sanfords?

tjyoung

Reaction score
Quote:
Used brown Parkway for $110. Personally I don't think it's unreasonable. Still in great condition. I've sold other shoes in the same condition anywhere from $100 - $250, so $110 seems to be an OK price point.

Quote:

Good - it was meant to be humorous :)

Quote:
If he inquired about a price-drop or negotiation that's fine. But the way he said it was in prime asshole fashion. I sent him this link and told him to send a similar message to the seller. I mean, who is this guy, the eBay price police?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Blue-...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item5d4868bf99

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dislike.

I don't get "summer boot". Summer is hot. Boots are hot. Seems like a bad combination.

I expect canvas shoes to be able to go into the washing machine. Those can't due to the leather.

IMHO, canvas shoes are cheap, easily replaceable, bang around shoes. Those are just a bad idea IMHO.

Depends on the cost. If they were 100-150 for a summer style shoe, I'd rock them if they last 2 summers or so without a resole. Canvas is pretty hardy. I'd spray it with suede protectant or such and rock it. It might rip, but that makes it look worn in and awesome.

thermals

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with sizing in the Graysons? Normally wear an 8.5d but just got a pair of 8d off ebay. Think they'll fit more like the Randolph loafer? I have the Randolph in 8.5 and it's like a half size too big so that's what I'm hoping...

rink

Reaction score

Good - it was meant to be humorous :)

If he inquired about a price-drop or negotiation that's fine. But the way he said it was in prime asshole fashion. I sent him this link and told him to send a similar message to the seller. I mean, who is this guy, the eBay price police?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Blue-Armor-Stand-w-Holster-Case-Cover-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-N900A-/400646782873?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item5d4868bf99

I wouldn't let some random eBayer get you so upset - who cares what he/she thinks. Keep pricing it at what you think is appropriate and the market will bear out if you were pricing it too high or pricing it appropriately.

Last edited:

brokencycle

Reaction score

You should patent this design. I think you could earn some income with this.

They certainly look like solid construction. He wouldn't even need to patent though.

Allen Edmonds Hamptons, red sox and seersucker. It's going to be a good day.

Very nice.

bradybot

Reaction score
Wow ... makes for a great store fixture.
What kind of wood?
The wood is Butternut wood. It's a white walnut. It stains to look like a dark walnut. Since this is my first time doing wood carving I choose the wood based on the fact that it has a grain that is easy to work with.

Now that the finish has completely dried, here is a picture of the boots with the trees.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you guys say this color is borderline inappropriate for casual business wear? I like the color, but it's getting really popping after stripping out most of the layered polish on top. I think this color is closer to ruby red than burgundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads