• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You know I still I still don't own a pair of LWB's  
shog%5B1%5D.gif
Of all the things I've read over the years in this thread, this may be the most surprising! ...I suppose the boot collection more than makes up for it. ;)

FedEx says my Bayfields will hit the doorstep on Tuesday. Very excited. Incidental to @kentyman - my car is still covered in snow but I walked to the post office today; your VSC should arrive on Tuesday as well.

kentyman

Reaction score
FedEx says my Bayfields will hit the doorstep on Tuesday. Very excited. Incidental to @kentyman - my car is still covered in snow but I walked to the post office today; your VSC should arrive on Tuesday as well.

Thanks, Adam! That was very generous of you.

It's a shame you couldn't make that trek in your Bayfields, though. ;)

kentyman

Reaction score
Keep in mind that suede is notorious for stretching easily. I too had a wider gap on the suede strands I picked up, but thought it would disappear as my foot settled into the cork and the suede stretched.
Last time I checked Amazon have them in all sizes for $245. I bought one in 3E and they fit perfectly; mines' lacing gap becomes less and less as they get broken in (I've been wearing them at least twice a week in the office this winter).

Interesting. So they did stretch sufficiently for you two? Did you end up with the same size as calfskin Strands?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally received my Dalton's, I love them! They are tight, don't know if I'm going to keep them unless they break nicely, but I really don't know why these are seconds. I can't find a major detail on them other than some darker spots I.in the side of the boot that at the end are covered by the trouser. If I don't keep them I would buy the 9.5D.

I'm in another state of Mexico so quick pics! :)

NicNac

Reaction score

Finally received my Dalton's, I love them! They are tight, don't know if I'm going to keep them unless they break nicely, but I really don't know why these are seconds. I can't find a major detail on them other than some darker spots I.in the side of the boot that at the end are covered by the trouser. If I don't keep them I would buy the 9.5D.

I'm in another state of Mexico so quick pics! :)

Keep them! My Daltons broke in great after about 7 wears. They were tight fitting at start but feel great now.

evolved

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks...

Thanks Cold Iron. The LWB's are very comfortable... worth a try!

Thanks

I wondered why my MTO took so long. Too bad they didn't offer me the one with defects for a discount. I would've bought it instead.
Worth a look, the shoe looks better in person than in the pics.

No, as BWV988 said, they must be the first run of my MTO.

Ah, gotcha.

Whoever is selling them seems to be trying to make $150 profit on them.....those should have been $299 since they are seconds.

chris45

Reaction score
From Kristle, regarding the sale starting Feb 3rd:

Factory Second Price Sale Price

Randolph $289.00 $144.50
Park Ave
$289.00 $199.00
Strand
$289.00 $199.00
Nashua
$149.00 $99.00
Franciscan
$289.00 $144.50
Walden
$199.00 $129.00
Vernon
$289.00 $144.50
Parkway
$289.00 $144.50
LaSalle
$234.00 $149.00
Neumok
$219.00 $149.00
Black Hills
$234.00 $149.00
Mayfair
$289.00 $144.50
Kenilworth
$234.00 $149.00
Flatiron
$289.00 $199.00
Doubleday
$149.00 $99.00
Oh thank you for the details... It appears a few may be in order for me this sale round (birthday in March, so why not =]) ..

I'm looking at grabbing Neumok (navy), Strand (merlot or brown), PA (black) ... was hoping they would have put the Leeds on sale =\

I'm good on size fit with Strand/PA obviously, but just wanting to double check with you @OptoDoc on your Neumok sizing since you and I have sized fairly close so far.

konda

Reaction score
Folks I need some help... I've got a pair of burgundy AE Chesters. They are naturally high gloss, soft leather and I get corrected grain vibes from the shoe. Did AE make corrected grain Chesters or am I wrong with my vibes?

mdavis534

Reaction score
Keep them! My Daltons broke in great after about 7 wears. They were tight fitting at start but feel great now.
Mine were still tight after wearing them for 3 month. I usually wear 9.5D. Ended up selling them. Currently on the waiting for a width up.

AE_afficionado

Reaction score

Different boots. His are Dark Brown, yours are the Waxy Brown Leather.

Those are dark brown not waxy brown Long Branch boots. I know because I own the same boots with the dark welt. AE obviously made boots with both color welts for some reason.

joeisuzu

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some help with my next pair of shoes. I need something versatile to wear with navy and gray suits maybe six times a year, that will still go well with khaki and denim the rest of the time. My current thought is that the Kenilworth would fit the bill, but what color? I am inherently not very stylish and welcome all opinions.

I work in manufacturing and wear steel toes five days a week and do not get to wear my nice shoes very often, so I'd like to get something formal that will dress down as deftly as possible. My other shoes are black McTavish and dark brown Long Branch.

Thanks,
Tom

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, I need some help with my next pair of shoes. I need something versatile to wear with navy and gray suits maybe six times a year, that will still go well with khaki and denim the rest of the time. My current thought is that the Kenilworth would fit the bill, but what color? I am inherently not very stylish and welcome all opinions.

I work in manufacturing and wear steel toes five days a week and do not get to wear my nice shoes very often, so I'd like to get something formal that will dress down as deftly as possible. My other shoes are black McTavish and dark brown Long Branch.

Thanks,
Tom

The gap between suits and jeans is a tough one to bridge with a single pair of shoes. I only wear oxfords (like Park Avenues or Fifth Avenues) with suits, but those are much too dressy for khakis and jeans. Kenilworth's aren't really my cup o' tea anyhow, but I wouldn't wear them with a suit, or jeans either for that matter. If you really only want one pair of shoes for both roles, definitely get something in dark brown. Black doesn't work well for casual wear, and a light brown such as walnut wouldn't be ideal for conservative/formal situations.

Last edited:

LeviMay

Reaction score
Burgundy MacNeil. Boom.

Some don't like bluchers with suits, but I think it's a good bridge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads