• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a pair of walnut Strand 2nds, which I believe were 2nds because there was still a slug of leather in one of the perforations. It was easy enough to remove with a needle, but now the inside of that hole is tan instead of black. Can I just use a Q-tip or something to add some black shoe cream in there?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your a little more than an hour from me right now. Yesterday the high was -7 F but today makes up for it. Don't look now and sounds like you will miss it but high on Monday is -12 F and low of -20. Any doubt as to why I like boots so much? :)

The Waterfront Restaurant is one of the better places to eat in La Crosse. Last time I was there the Mississippi wasn't frozen yet and I was thinking during dinner that I could put the canoe in and float downriver and end up down fairly close to OptoDoc. Going back upstream would pose a bit of a challenge however...
We're at piggy's right now. Not bad!

Doing a concert at the jazz festival at the university here tomorrow night. Come down if you're free! I'll hook you up with a ticket.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha... My bad! They looked to mevery much like the lighter ones comparing the photos. Apologies!

Lol no worries! Say hi to my old strands for me.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My MTO shell MacNeil's...

[/URL]
Damn Cali, you always seem to nail your shoes and boots dead solid. Great job once again! You know I still I still don't own a pair of LWB's
shog[1].gif
You are not helping me in that regards, what beautiful shoes!

GooseG

Reaction score

I use a Cabelas Club Visa credit card for most of my purchases.  I build up points for all purchases and double points for purchases at Cabelas.  In the past, I've used these points to buy outdoor clothes and guns.  Since I've amassed enough guns, I've been thinking of switching to some different kind of credit card that would let me cash in the points earned to pay towards the credit card bill or redeem towards gas or something.  But I got to thinking:  Wouldn't it be awesome to have an Allen Edmonds Visa card that would let me build up points that could be redeemed on new AE shoes?  I don't know much about high finance but if Cabelas can do it, why couldn't Allen Edmonds?  Judging by the fervor of the participants in this forum, I think it would be a great success.  A lot of people would get a new pair of AE shells every year or two if they could buy them with earned points, I'm sure of it.  AE if you are reading this, go ahead and steal my idea--I don't care about getting credit for the idea, I just want an AE visa.  

To a certain extent, you could. Most rewards cards can yield Visa points or Zappos giftcards.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're at piggy's right now. Not bad!

Doing a concert at the jazz festival at the university here tomorrow night. Come down if you're free! I'll hook you up with a ticket.
Damn my gf loves jazz. Me as long as it has Southern rock in it I'm OK with it
smile.gif
No need to provide me with tickets although I am honored to say the least. Please send me info with your information if you have time, I just checked it out and looks like they are available at the door. But if you don't mind send me a PM. We are upgraded to a blizzard warning with -50 below zero wind chill but that is why I have a 4x4. You do realize you just cost me a pair of AE's as I will likely will have to spend the night there? No complaints here though!

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
Very cool. I was surprised how young the VP/Controller and Mayor of Port Washington looked.

I definitely want to make it out there one of these days...
It was nice to put a face to the name Vincenzo. He has been such a help to me these past couple of years in getting what I am looking for from AE. It is cool to see how young he and the VP/Controller were. Love seeing the young Mayor. As a 36 year old elected County Executive myself, I know young people can make it in politics and elective office. I too want to visit P.W., even more now after seeing this video. Being the Mayor of P.W., I wonder if he has more AE shoes than I do. 28 pairs with 1 on the way….

Interesting side note, I met the Wisconsin Governor recently, and he was wearing AEs. I commented that they looked like AEs, and he said that is all he wears; except for when he is wearing his cowboy boots. :)

Calikid

Reaction score
Gorgeous!
Thanks!

Worth another requote. Damn.

Very excited for my MTO MacNeils.
Thanks...

Damn Cali, you always seem to nail your shoes and boots dead solid. Great job once again! You know I still I still don't own a pair of LWB's
shog%5B1%5D.gif
You are not helping me in that regards, what beautiful shoes!
Thanks Cold Iron. The LWB's are very comfortable... worth a try!

Those are quite possibly the most gorgeous shoes I've ever seen on this thread.
Thanks

Nice. I've been eyeing this pair of seconds, which I assume are the less-than-perfect first run of your MTOs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmon...6798814?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item27dde99ade
I wondered why my MTO took so long. Too bad they didn't offer me the one with defects for a discount. I would've bought it instead.
Worth a look, the shoe looks better in person than in the pics.

No, as BWV988 said, they must be the first run of my MTO.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn my gf loves jazz. Me as long as it has Southern rock in it I'm OK with it
smile.gif
No need to provide me with tickets although I am honored to say the least. Please send me info with your information if you have time, I just checked it out and looks like they are available at the door. But if you don't mind send me a PM. We are upgraded to a blizzard warning with -50 below zero wind chill but that is why I have a 4x4. You do realize you just cost me a pair of AE's as I will likely will have to spend the night there? No complaints here though!
Well, unfortunately not a hint of southern rock in this set. The university band will play a few songs, and then our quintet (I'm the saxophonist, but not the leader) will close the concert. It will be quite modern, I'm afraid. ;)

I really wouldn't want you to go to any trouble, especially if the weather's bad. Was half-joking to be honest, although it WOULD be great to meet you in person! And will be wearing my new shell AE MTO :)

If it's too hairy to make the trek, one of my own concerts is being broadcast on NPR this weekend. So if you have a radio handy, that may be a much more manageable commute!

Will send a PM with my phone number

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just gave FAs a quick buff with brush and towel. I've been wearing it for the past 7 months, practically every other day - 2 or 3 times a week. These are definitely my workhorse shoes since it goes well, at least to me, with suits or business casual ensembles, albeit not too casual though.

LEgoiste

Reaction score

Unfortunately mine arrived with a big discoloration at the cap line and they fit much tighter than my calf Strands. I had about an inch lacing gap, so I had to send them back. Did they make these in an EE width?

Last time I checked Amazon have them in all sizes for $245. I bought one in 3E and they fit perfectly; mines' lacing gap becomes less and less as they get broken in (I've been wearing them at least twice a week in the office this winter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads