• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I am constitutionally unable to wade through the kind of back-and-forth that has been going on here for the past couple of hours. Perhaps I could summarize what I think may be the gist of it:

(1) AE makes a high volume of shoes that it then sells for around $350 list.
(2) Patient, careful, and/or tolerant shoppers can often find them at significant discounts.
(3) Some people don’t find the fit, finish, etc. of AE’s shoes to be acceptable at the $350 price point. Others do.
(4) More people are willing to accept the level of fit, finish, etc. of the shoes when they are purchased at significant discounts.
(5) AE is not trying to compete with Carmina, C&J, Church, (fill in your preferred European shoemaker here).
(6) No matter what their price and level of fit, finish, etc. is, AEs are much better than typical Chinese- and/or Indian-made J&M, Cole-Haan, etc., and patient, careful, and/or tolerant shoppers can often find AEs for prices that are very competitive with said Chinese- and/or Indian-made crap.
(7) At the end of the day, there will need to be some “agreeing to disagree.”

Is this accurate? Have I left anything out?

Last edited:

chris45

Reaction score
I got an email yesterday stating 30-40% off select seconds, not sure which models are included though
I haven't got that email yet... only the Web Gems email in Brown Burnished on Tuesday..

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I spoke with Phil/Vincenzo at ShoeBank and they said Februrary is when there is usually a ~15% off factory seconds and then closeout sales on select models.

Dillardiv

Reaction score
This thread is more fun when people post pictures of their new shoes, shells after a few years of wearing in, and post-shine/care! I love AE shoes and have paid a variety of prices for all of them (ebay, seconds, Nordstrom, full price shells) and enjoy wearing them and receiving compliments for having "nice shoes, dude!"

Mark_Y

Reaction score
I received an email yesterday or the day before that the Strandmok in blue suede were on sale for $199. Think the email was titled Winter Blues or something. I was tempted as I've always wanted a pair of blue suede shoes. I just think there are few options for pairing them with anything other than jeans.

chris45

Reaction score
I just sent an email to the outlet requesting additional information on 30-40% seconds sale mentioned above.. hopefully will hear something soon and will be able to post.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I received an email yesterday or the day before that the Strandmok in blue suede were on sale for $199. Think the email was titled Winter Blues or something. I was tempted as I've always wanted a pair of blue suede shoes. I just think there are few options for pairing them with anything other than jeans.

Khaki's and cords as well! It'd probably work well with some wool/tweed/flannel pants too!

Last edited:

Mark_Y

Reaction score

Khaki's and cords as well! It'd probably work well with some wool/tweed/flannel pants too!

It is a nice shoe. What colors are you thinking?

markkohfm

Reaction score
I purchased a BB strand brown from the shoe bank a week back for $179 (10% discount off the second price of $199). Not sure why though.

Last edited:

Scottyb06

Reaction score
I am trying to hard not to purchase a pair of Rutledge seconds for $229 (originally $475 for firsts). Good looking shoe but I already have a pair of walnut Strands and bourbon McAllister's. Also fighting off Haights for $200 as well...

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is more fun when people post pictures of their new shoes, shells after a few years of wearing in, and post-shine/care! I love AE shoes and have paid a variety of prices for all of them (ebay, seconds, Nordstrom, full price shells) and enjoy wearing them and receiving compliments for having "nice shoes, dude!"

There's always room for civil and respectful discussions in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics