• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Quote:

No. I didn't. I said $350. Go back and read posts 36351, 356 and 382 again. Those are the only posts that I can see where I mentioned price. On each occasion, I said $350. Not $350+. Not $400.

Or you could just keep up with your buddy New Shoes and make stuff up instead.

Not that it really matters. Whatever price point you wish to assign to AE or their competitors is just a red herring. I don't think the bowing is acceptable from AE. You are free to think what you like. It doesn't matter to me that you hold a different view - I don't expect everyone to see things the way that I do.

I do find it curious, however, that it seems to matter very much to others that I hold a different view.

my apologies, it wasn't you... it was the person whose assertion you were defending. I wrongly stated that you said that, and I apologize. Maybe New Shoes made the same mistake.

Someone else said $350+, we disagreed with his post, you defended it... and thus started the confusion which I most assuredly contributed to.

lurker[1].gif

???.......CHINNGISKHAAN!!!! ......NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (glad it wasn't me this time...)
blush.gif
I love this thread...

Back to shoes! I got a call from FedEx (uh oh)... Said they MISSED their delivery (of one or both shoes I'm waiting for) because THERE WAS NO SUITE# WITH THE ADDRESS (just using caps for emphasis) on the package. (I stressed the suite number in my order.) I would have to wait until Monday for it. If the weather in Chicago wasn't @#$%^&, I might be tempted to drive the 16 miles and pick them up!

...Nah. Just makes it that much sweeter when I get 'em.

ToJhunter

Reaction score
Fellow AE connoisseurs, based On what I have surmised from reading this forum, the Poron insole of the promontory point makes the shoe fit tighter than comfortable if you order TTS. Has this been the case for those of you with the boot? I am a size 11d in daltons, should I go 11.5 for the promontory point?

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fellow AE connoisseurs, based On what I have surmised from reading this forum, the Poron insole of the promontory point makes the shoe fit tighter than comfortable if you order TTS. Has this been the case for those of you with the boot? I am a size 11d in daltons, should I go 11.5 for the promontory point?
Apples and oranges, I'm afraid. The Dalton is built on the 1 last; the Promontory Point is built on the 678 last:
8 Last (678)
Modeled after the 4 last, but with a fuller fit and additional depth to accommodate Allen Edmonds removable orthotic.
...it's possibly the roomiest last AE uses. I wouldn't suggest sizing up. If anything you might size down, depending on what kind of socks you intend to wear with it.

jvc44

Reaction score
Ok gent, please help with some size comps with the bayfildd thanks joe

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The insole is removable and without it fits TTS. With it, it's a little tight but might stretch out. A half size up felt way too big for me.

dusttruffle

Reaction score
not to start a fire, but does the bowing issue happen only with calf, or does it include shell?

david 112358

Reaction score
Got my new black stands in the mail today. Awesome shoes, but very stiff.

Is it OK to use the AE conditioner on them while I'm breaking them in?

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
lurker%5B1%5D.gif

???.......CHINNGISKHAAN!!!! ......NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (glad it wasn't me this time...)
blush.gif
I love this thread...

Back to shoes! I got a call from FedEx (uh oh)... Said they MISSED their delivery (of one or both shoes I'm waiting for) because THERE WAS NO SUITE# WITH THE ADDRESS (just using caps for emphasis) on the package. (I stressed the suite number in my order.) I would have to wait until Monday for it. If the weather in Chicago wasn't @#$%^&, I might be tempted to drive the 16 miles and pick them up!

...Nah. Just makes it that much sweeter when I get 'em.
yeah... I blamed the wrong guy for saying something... I blamed the guy defending the guy that said it... My point was still a valid one, but certainly directed at the wrong person, for which I apologized. What can I say, someone has to keep this forum on it's toes! Which brings me to my next point about AE's website...

ryansto

Reaction score

I'm currently using AE fransiscan, I want to change the insole but I realized that the current insole is not removable (i guess it's glued or sth), is it a wise idea if i just remove it forcefully? or can i just put the new insole on top of the current one?

You cannot remove the insole because the entire shoe is built around the insole. Put your insole on top of the leather one, and size up a width if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics