• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I always hear about the MTO offer. Can someone refresh my memory on what it entails? Been considering shell strand. Is it better to order through the deal?

The CEO is waiving the MTO fee ($125) I think. If it is a standard model then it won't do anything for you.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this offer still good? I started some time ago if I remember correctly...

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of a loafer on the 7 last to the fit of the Macneil which is also on the 7 last? I would think it would be the same but would like to make sure. Thanks in advance!

mdavis534

Reaction score
The CEO is waiving the MTO fee ($125) I think. If it is a standard model then it won't do anything for you.
thank you. so the final price is the same $595 the standard model sells for.

another question what cole shell is closest to the bourbon color? I see some walnut shells that seem to be medium brown. is that so?

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of a loafer on the 7 last to the fit of the Macneil which is also on the 7 last? I would think it would be the same but would like to make sure. Thanks in advance!

My observation is that the Macneil - being a blucher - is much more forgiving of a high instep than the Grayson, a loafer. The former fits me like a dream in 10.5 E. The latter is painful across the vamp in the same size, as is the Patriot, even in an 11 D.

I like the 7 last but am having a heck of a time finding an AE loafer to work in any last.

I'll quickly add the Grayson is available in a EE - which might help me - but I've never had a chance to try one on in a loafer. The EEE is way too big.

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rotflmao.gif
My friend, I believe you are on to something! I have to get me some more AE shell.
rotflmao.gif

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats on great choices!

I had a feeling they were getting low thanks for the PSA. 
Which was my first thought and I only have 2 pairs of black shell... 
Not sure if anyone on here has discussed it but I agree totally. Most of my shell is AE so my closet is VERY strong smelling of cordovan. Likely too much information but not long ago had a lady still in my bed when I was getting ready for work. I opened the doors to the closet and the smell filled the room as it always does, every morning it is a great smell to start the day with IMO. After about a minute she said wow your cologne is very seductive I think you should come back to bed and threw the covers back. I wasn't wearing any cologne, it was the AE shell she was smelling.

Damn, stallion. Tell us more! :happy:

cincikid

Reaction score
2nd quality Labor Day Sale 8/22/13-9/2/13

Brooks Brothers - $149 - except Presidio, which will be $109
Ralph Lauren $129
Park Ave black - $199 (black only)
Strand walnut $199 (walnut only)
Independence Collection ($299)
Dalton walnut $199 (price will be on all colors except cordovan)
Mayfair patent leather $99
Old discontinued Crosstown 2.0 (Granville, Provo, Ann Arbor) $59
Spiked and SLV golf 2nd Q - $149
Jack golf $129 (all 2nd’s)
Just talked to the folks at the Port Washington store, aka Shoebank. They are not sure what exactly will go on sale beyond what has been mentioned on the promo card. In either case, the SA I was talking to said he'd be surprised to see Dalton's on sale and he wasn't sure about the Brooks Brothers. I guess we will have to wait till Thursday to find out.

bucksfan

Reaction score

Just talked to the folks at the Port Washington store, aka Shoebank. They are not sure what exactly will go on sale beyond what has been mentioned on the promo card. In either case, the SA I was talking to said he'd be surprised to see Dalton's on sale and he wasn't sure about the Brooks Brothers. I guess we will have to wait till Thursday to find out.

That list was sent to me today by Kristle at the jeffersonville, OH store. She's been on the money for me. Good luck.

Pastor

Reaction score

Besides walnut, what is the next closest color?

Noting in shell. Even walnut shell varies from batch to batch. I have had two different pair of walnut shell daltons and they were completely different shades. My first was was really light but the vamp tore away from the boot so AE replaced them and the replacement pair was much darker. If you like the color of walnut shell you'll have to settle for the calf version or try to find different manufactures. Alden in Whiskey - almost impossible to find but at least it exists. Carmina makes a saddle shell shoe that is readily available but expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads