Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc121

rc121 Senior member

good grief...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

2. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

3. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I own:
    • Strand Walnut
    • McAllister Merlot
    • Elgin Tan
    • Neumok Snuff Suede
    • Malvern Brogue Suede

The next option is between:
    • BB Strand Brown at $159
    • McTavish Dark Brown Cognac at $187

Or I save some money for once. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

4. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I see a Strand in Chili on the seconds list i received, first time I've noticed it. So if you missed the webgem it's worth checking the seconds list now.

5. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

I kind of like the Regent's in Chili actually.... :)

6. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Not sure about all stock in all stores, as some sales associates (perhaps not managers) will place a customer return back into the store's inventory to be shipped on a mail or phone order. We have seen members here mention that some shipments from the stores appeared for be less than a brand new out-of-the box look. For this reason alone, I only deal with one (1) manager who personally takes upon himself to either inspect it by a inner-store transfer of the item to his attention or to drop ship from AE.

What I am saying is . . . the manager that I work with exclusively with will go the extra mile and have another store ship the item to his store for his inspection, before mailing it to me. Without that "understanding", yes - any manager in any store could hit the order button and have a store item drop shipped without his personal inspection.

I agree. Moreover, when I was first introduced to the manager I work with now - he took the time to ask questions about what my preferences were, my likes and dislikes, my previous customer service. That said, including my request that he personally inspect anything that was not going to be shipped directly from AE - has all went well.

I agree.

When buying some great firsts from www.6pm.com or www.zappos.com - it is sight unseen. Even though they offer free return shipping, it can be a costly time waster. But if I am working with a Nordstrom Manager who is willing to price match firsts at www.6pm.com - then I believe he will carry the water bucket for me in personally inspecting a store item or just ordering directly from AE.

Thanks for your comment,

David

7. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

As I expected, not much good in my size. Should I just buy 2 pairs of neumoras? Brown and black?

Or can I just buy one pair for 125? I've asked the outlet that question but no one will answer it.

8. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Can we buy 3 pair for 375? That would be awesome if they match a single pair at 125

9. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Interesting. It sounds like this store manager is one of a kind (an outlier), and not fairly representative of the sample.

10. David Copeland

Closeouts or Seconds?

It may be, but it is the list I received when I asked the store to send me the items on sale.

Monica will not send a list today of items not on the sale list, regardless of them being current styles in SECONDS or closeouts in firsts or seconds.

The Long Branch was listed at AE's site several weeks ago as a CLOSEOUT and no more to be made. The live chat said so much. But the following week, the Long Branch was put back on the regular inventory as still being made - and in some areas has been marked as "Seasonal".

Who really knows? I don't. But if someone tells me that a style and size is in stock for a price I like - I order it.

Thanks for the comment,

David

11. David Copeland

He is one of the best I have come across. Been in the shoe dept for nearly 15 years, college grad, and has even chuckled about how other stores have missed the mark in customer service.

When I order from AE, I try to get the rep to get someone to personally inspect the shoes before it goes thru AE shipping. Again, it's an extra step - but most reps will say yes to adding a second pair of eyes on what I expect before shipping.

By the way - what is your closest Nordstroms full department store? Perhaps the manager of mine knows your local manager and can provide a little more service for members from this forum (50+ members here have contacted the manager - all satisfied)

12. David Copeland

Yes.

13. David Copeland

Call in your order for $125.00 and follow up by email. You have nothing to lose in assuming and asking directly.

It reminds me of my grocery store where cottage cheese is 10 for $10. When I take one to the checkout, it still rings up as a dollar.

14. bgp001

bgp001 Well-Known Member

Has anyone been able to get a hold of the 8.5D/E closeout list? I emailed them and no response.

15. David Copeland

Yes, the Long Branch at $125 is probably one of the best deals for years to come.

As for the price match, I suggest speaking only to a manager on the phone. They can over-ride store policy because they are the people who want to see sales volume at whatever skinny profits.

The manager I work with has helped over 50 forum members here with offers of additional styles and colors at remarkable 35% off deals.

If you need help, let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.